Other clubs' transfers

TBG

He definitely doesn't seem like a Man U striker. I know what you mean.

Don't think this will go well especially with Mou at the helm. Got a bad feeling about it.

Think he is just an expensive gamble, because it's really hard to evaluate someone who we've only seen in the most creative side in the division when he's played (and often in circumstances where they've been heavy favourites to win or chasing the game).

Still, you have to be quality to score at a rate like he has, but his overall game hasn't shown much just yet.

Even ignoring the fact we haven't ever spent anywhere near £25m, maybe at this current time with the budget we have he'd be seen as too much of a risk on someone the data/video is sorely lacking on?

Glad you're back dude. :thup:

:thup:

Nigeria have won 5 U17 World Cups and been runner up 3 times. Way more than any other country. That success never translates to U20 or full team, and the significant majority of the winning players disappear into thin air.

If they aren't fiddling the ages I'd be amazed.

They have had MRI testing in the u-17 tournaments since 2008 or so and since then Nigeria has won both the 2013 and 2015 u-17 titles. In fact, I believe they are tested before both the African and World level events so that players like Wilfried Ndidi who passed once can still be barred from competing. Maybe your hypothesis is that the NFF, which recently was unable to find funds to fly the players to the Olympics or provide match balls for a senior-level international, is using new age technological advances to defeat these measures, I don't know.

Fwiw, they have also have had plenty of success at u-20, Olympic, and senior level since the mid-90's, with good players worldwide. This is not Sri Lanka winning youth tournaments.

I don't particularly agree with the notion of spending a third of our supposed budget on someone who might not actually be that good.

He is a risk. I think it is a good risk to take, but maybe not for a team in our position. 25 million in England might fail to bring you Troy Deeney and while he has proven more, there is very little room for improvement or an increase in value. It is a brilliant deal for Leicester, assuming there is not a buyback clause at a low price.

Maybe your hypothesis is that the NFF, which recently was unable to find funds to fly the players to the Olympics or provide match balls for a senior-level international, is using new age technological advances to defeat these measures, I don't know.

:lol: :lol:

He definitely doesn't seem like a Man U striker. I know what you mean.

Don't think this will go well especially with Mou at the helm. Got a bad feeling about it.

At the moment, Man U are a disjointed side that needs goals. Outside of Kane and maybe Aguero, there is not another player in the England that more assuredly will provide them.

Amazing signing the team that finishes above man u will win the title

I can't shake the feeling that I heard this last year.

For all that they have spent since Ferguson left, I still find their squad very underwhelming outside of the superstars. Most of their players are purely functional.

Nigeria have won 5 U17 World Cups and been runner up 3 times. Way more than any other country. That success never translates to U20 or full team, and the significant majority of the winning players disappear into thin air.

They have had MRI testing in the u-17 tournaments since 2008 or so and since then Nigeria has won both the 2013 and 2015 u-17 titles. In fact, I believe they are tested before both the African and World level events so that players like Wilfried Ndidi who passed once can still be barred from competing. Maybe your hypothesis is that the NFF, which recently was unable to find funds to fly the players to the Olympics or provide match balls for a senior-level international, is using new age technological advances to defeat these measures, I don't know.

Fwiw, they have also have had plenty of success at u-20, Olympic, and senior level since the mid-90's, with good players worldwide. This is not Sri Lanka winning youth tournaments.

Well success in U-20 can be achieved using age cheating too. There is a clear and obvious disparity between the dominance of Nigerian U17 sides and the failures of the senior side in comparison. Now, maybe the 2013 and 2015 winning sides are going to lead onto a new golden generation for the Super Eagles. However I'd argue that what is more likely is that the vast majority of the players will disappear off the face of the earth and Nigeria will continue the recent joy of failing to qualify for the 2015 and 2017 major international tournaments.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/nigerian-u17-team-wiped-out-as-all-but-two-players-fail-age-test_sto5707677/story.shtml

Iheanacho for that price is "value" ffs, it's pretty cheap for a young player who has scored goals and will only continue to improve.

We're mugs for not being interested, but at least we'll save £17m and get some shite second rate French prick to become Riviere II eh. Every cloud #value

I know he's young, but £25m is value for a player who scored 4 goals in the 20 Premier League matches last season?  It isn't like, I mean he might end up being worth it but ffs that isn't some bargain price, he's potential not proven.

Happy we stepped aside for Iheanacho. He's someone who's clearly got talent but there's definitely question marks over how well he'll transition into a team where he'll have to work a lot harder in all departments to be successful.

I do like Iheanacho from what I've seen.

Thing is he has a cracking record of goals scored for when he's on the pitch. However, like was mentioned, they're often coming in games that are killed off and in a side with amazing creative players.

It's really hard to judge him as a player because of that, but he's probably a very reasonable gamble.

Aye he's potential, looks a really good player.  But you can't say he's value at £25m based on the fact that he hasn't played much so he might score loads if he did.  Personally I'd take the risk on him if we've got the budget for other areas as well, but I don't agree that its a bargain price.

And proven now costs three times as much.

What three times £25m?  That's what Lukaku costs and he's a lot more than just a good proven striker, hes a real top striker, and he's also still young and has potential to get even better.

And proven now costs three times as much.

What three times £25m?  That's what Lukaku costs and he's a lot more than just a good proven striker, hes a real top striker, and he's also still young and has potential to get even better.

Yeah that's what I meant. He's a proven striker, and we simply can't compete for them.

Amazing signing the team that finishes above man u will win the title

Im not convinced this suddenly propels Man Utd into sudden favourites for a title challenge. I can still see them battling with Arsenal and Liverpool for that fourth CL spot.

Well success in U-20 can be achieved using age cheating too. There is a clear and obvious disparity between the dominance of Nigerian U17 sides and the failures of the senior side in comparison. Now, maybe the 2013 and 2015 winning sides are going to lead onto a new golden generation for the Super Eagles. However I'd argue that what is more likely is that the vast majority of the players will disappear off the face of the earth and Nigeria will continue the recent joy of failing to qualify for the 2015 and 2017 major international tournaments.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/nigerian-u17-team-wiped-out-as-all-but-two-players-fail-age-test_sto5707677/story.shtml

Failures for 2015 and 2017 are irrelevant when compared with a victory in 2013 and consistent success in the tournaments previous to this. Nigeria has underachieved of course, but they have been at five of the past six World Cups and to the second round thrice, so the idea that they are a disaster at world level is laughable. Our players also do quite well abroad. Nigerian football is extractive (no serious local league or infrastructure) and corrupt and will probably fail until this not the case, but what does that have to do with Kelechi Iheanacho? He is clearly the age he states, and you are talking rubbish. Fwiw, the boys from 2013 are already doing quite well abroad, probably better than their Mexican or Swiss counterparts before them.