Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Not so sure about Everton really, a lot of their signings seem very heavy gambles imo. They'll need to do a lot, without Lukaku you look at the team and they don't seem all that much and i say that as someone who has been very critical of Lukaku.

Not convinced or saying they will win the league :)

But finish better placed than last season? They have given themselves every chance, which is surely what it's all about? improvement.

No guarantees obviously but if you don't do owt then you can't expect to even compete, and that is where we are.

Not convinced or saying they will win the league :)

But finish better placed than last season? They have given themselves every chance, which is surely what it's all about? improvement.

No guarantees obviously but if you don't do owt then you can't expect to even compete, and that is where we are.

Yeah i don't think they will as things stand assuming Lukaku goes, of course they still might buy more and i can change my mind.

if they didn't spend then 7th to 9th would be a failure?

To even stand still requires an outlay, and we don't yet know if they will improve on that 7th. Maybe they will. maybe one of the 'big boys' will have a season to forget (as has happened recently with some of them).

At least they are showing some ambition to try and compete.

Personally the money being spent nowadays (generally in football) sickens me to the pitt of my stomach.

Boro have signed Christie from Derby. That's a good signing and since we have let Anita go and will no doubt be open to offers for Gamez, I think he would have been a good option for us.

Are Everton fans really excited about Rooney? I mean when he left some supporters were really angry with him. Now he's past it and will be on massive wages and not many years ahead of him. I mean if his name wasn't Rooney would this be a big transfer or would everyone just shrug him off as another player who has nothing left to offer and is after one last payday? I think Everton would be much better off investing in someone younger who can progress.