Clément Grenier

LRD

:lol: so obvious

Some will still defend it as genuinely trying though.

Not me, trying is not the issue. Either we make signings or we don't.

The very fact that so few fans care about 'trying' makes the made-up bids thing so ridiculous in the first place.

It's not that the bid is made up. The bid is purposely low, they know Lyon wont accept it but they throw it in anyway.

How many times do you need to see this s*** to finally accept it for what it is.

All I know is that sometimes we meet a selling club's valuation and sometimes we don't. That's all you know as well. The rest is speculation.

In my mind the fact that we enter into transfer negotiations with the aim of seeing them fail is just ludicrous. For all sorts of reasons. I just can't believe it happens.

We've all become so cynical, with good reason in most cases.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: so obvious

Some will still defend it as genuinely trying though.

Not me, trying is not the issue. Either we make signings or we don't.

The very fact that so few fans care about 'trying' makes the made-up bids thing so ridiculous in the first place.

It's not that the bid is made up. The bid is purposely low, they know Lyon wont accept it but they throw it in anyway.

How many times do you need to see this shit to finally accept it for what it is.

All I know is that sometimes we meet a selling club's valuation and sometimes we don't. That's all you know as well. The rest is speculation.

In my mind the fact that we enter into transfer negotiations with the aim of seeing them fail is just ludicrous. For all sorts of reasons. I just can't believe it happens.

Isn't like, especially for a hierarchy that has admitted in court that they lie to their own fans.

Most of the time the selling club names a higher fee than they want, the buying club offers lower, then they usually meet somewhere in the middle.

You have to make a second bid for that to happen. We probably will make a second bid, but ala Debuchy it'll be in the next window.

Most of the time the selling club names a higher fee than they want, the buying club offers lower, then they usually meet somewhere in the middle.

Sometimes the selling club name a price, we offer an amount way below what they want, it's rejected and we magically run out of time to meet somewhere in the middle before the window closes.

Ah well, at least they tried....

You have to make a second bid for that to happen. We probably will make a second bid, but ala Debuchy it'll be in the next window.

Maybe its a case if negotiations, not just offer/rejected offer/rejected but reaching an agreement sorting fee and bonuses whatever.

As we did with PSG over Cabaye, the worry is time scale but as always we are all paranoid to death, rightly so but all we can do is wait and see.

If it was a complete no I would have expected to see that by now, Lyon are not usually so quiet.

Guest neesy111

Presumably what we've done every time we've signed someone.

Well it hasn't worked this season.  Probably because of the lack of players with release clauses or near to the end of their contract.

0 permanent signings, is my biggest issue.

What a surprise eh? This one's been a dead rubber from the start it would seem - nothing more than a PR exercise to keep the gullible onside so as the club appeared to be trying to replace Cabaye. Club is being asset stripped, but in a more considered manner. :(

Presumably what we've done every time we've signed someone.

Well it hasn't worked this season.  Probably because of the lack of players with release clauses or near to the end of their contract.

0 permanent signings, is my biggest issue.

Sure, it's more than fair enough to be critical of the number of signings.

I would tend to agree that there's skulduggery, smokes and mirrors. Whether that is to placate the fans or hoodwink the media I couldn't speculate but I don't believe some of the bids we make are of a serious nature.

What's ganning on here then?

Not much. Still unclear how much our bid is/was, unclear if he wants to come, unclear what's happening.

Basically, exactly what you'd expect with only a couple of days to see out.

Guest hatem garrincha

Not the end of the world if he doesn't come. He's a good and promising young player but he's certainly not the next Zidane.