Clément Grenier

LRD

Whats our rep like in France? Still good?

Not at all  :(

Based on what?

Chairmans, coaches, journalists etc.. I mean it is kind of normal because it's all about the "Big Four" in France. Other clubs don't get much attention and Newcastle went from the "Nice club, with great fans, playing good football (when we only had 2 or 3 frenchman in our squad) to the " Greedy club which keeps buying s*** french player in order to avoid relegation"

Then why do they keep flogging us their talent!?!?!

They don't actually, have we signed Cabella or Grenier yet ?

only cos our offers are below par...

Guest VanBarduck

Whats our rep like in France? Still good?

Not at all  :(

Based on what?

Chairmans, coaches, journalists etc.. I mean it is kind of normal because it's all about the "Big Four" in France. Other clubs don't get much attention and Newcastle went from the "Nice club, with great fans, playing good football (when we only had 2 or 3 frenchman in our squad) to the " Greedy club which keeps buying s*** french player in order to avoid relegation"

Then why do they keep flogging us their talent!?!?!

Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko, Remy and Ben Arfa have all had fairly recent involvement in the National Team. Hardly s*** french players. Chairmans and Coaches don't seem too fond of us but I guess that's just like us not being too fond of clubs bigger than ours who buy our players.

I think they were referring to the second wave of french men, during last winter transfer window.

I have to admit when I heard we were linked with Grenier I was shocked.

He's got quite a big reputation, and so I didn't think he was one we could attract at this point in time anyway.

Thing is though fair enough, if we wanted to aim high, but bearing in mind we had agreed to sell Cabaye in Jan, then we should have at least 3 options minimum.

Bunch of jesters.

Guest VanBarduck

Honestly we only had two french internationals with Cabaye and Debuchy. And you'll understand what I'm saying during the world cup, when only those two will be on the squad.

Guest VanBarduck

Honestly we only had two french internationals with Cabaye and Debuchy. And you'll understand what I'm saying during the world cup, when only those two will be on the squad.

At the moment aye, but Sissoko and MYM are still quality.

Varane, Koscielny, Laporte, Sakho, Zouma, Umtiti are better than MYM or will be in a near future. As for Sissoko, nobody wants to see him in midfield, so he played his part on the right as a sub. But when you look at the performances of Griezmann,Thauvin,Lacazette this season, I'm afraid he might not go to the WC too.

Guest bimpy474

If we dont end up signing anyone Pardew will give it buying January is always a difficult time as teams dont want to sell.

Never stops us selling, never stop other clubs selling and buying. It's like he thinks we dont see any other transfers, or take any notice of any other football.

Guest reefatoon

If we dont end up signing anyone Pardew will give it buying January is always a difficult time as teams dont want to sell.

Never stops us selling, never stop other clubs selling and buying. It's like he thinks we dont see any other transfers, or take any notice of any other football.

You are right.  Even though we signed 5 players last Jan, he will still peddle that line.

Guest bimpy474

You are right.  Even though we signed 5 players last Jan, he will still peddle that line.

Exactly, you will sign player if you really want to, and being reasonable with your offers helps, like.

Wish we had some cheap deals lined up, like the Sissoko and Gouffran deals from last year. These expensive fees always make me think they are never going to happen as we simply won't spend the money.

Gomis is apparently available for 3m and going to Everton now. We still need another striker, at least two more in the summer when Remy goes, possibly Cisse and hopefully Shola. Completely different player to anything we have now, including De Jong.