Match-going fans - deserving of blame?

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think it's fair to expect fans not to go to games, the fanatical support is what makes Newcastle the club it is. But if they're are going to go they could at least make their displeasure known rather than singing for Pardew to give them a wave.

here's a question, whats he done that should make anyone who's not a nufc fan care in the slightest?

Outside of Newcastle and the surrounding area, they don't.  Maybe they dislike zero hour contracts which he uses, maybe they dislike kids being born in his warehouse at 11pm on New Years day and maybe they dislike child labour manufacturing his shitty products?

here's a question, whats he done that should make anyone who's not a nufc fan care in the slightest?

Outside of Newcastle and the surrounding area, they don't.  Maybe they dislike zero hour contracts which he uses, maybe they dislike kids being born in his warehouse at 11pm on New Years day and maybe they dislike child labour manufacturing his shitty products?

not enough to stop going to his stores clearly.

As a collective fan base, we have simply not done enough to force his hand.  I just don't think as fans we have been very good at acting on this discontent in any meaningful way. Sporadic marches and the occasional anti-Ashley chant are hardly going to put him in a difficult position. Representations in the national media remain a significant challenge as well, at times we have been depicted as unruly and unreasonable - which simply isn't true. It's all well and good getting Ashley to sell up, but there also needs to be a buyer that can put the money in and take the club forward. Some of those depictions could put potential buyers off.

But I really hope that the last few days mark a seminal moment and an almost fatal blot on Ashley's record sheet, although I doubt it.

I think it's fair to say that our ins loyalty has tripped is into the grave Ashley has dug for us. It's harsh to knock a set of supporters for extreme, unwavering loyalty but there comes a point where you have to put the club first, not your 'addiction'. If walking away means that it will hasten a stop to humiliating defeats at to sunderland, and continuous 3rd round exists, then I'm all for it. A large majority of our support has been totally ignorant towards Pardew's incompetence as a manager and the role he plays in assisting this regimes severity.

If yesterday wasn't a breaking point for people, nothing ever will be. We need to go.

I just don't see how a reduction in attendances would make him sell. It would just make him even more tight with money. Maybe if we could get attendances down by 50% it would 'send a message', but surely nobody believes that's actually possible?

IMO best try to enjoy the 90 minutes as and the match day experience as much as you can.

I just don't see how a reduction in attendances would make him sell. It would just make him even more tight with money. Maybe if we could get attendances down by 50% it would 'send a message', but surely nobody believes that's actually possible?

IMO best try to enjoy the 90 minutes as and the match day experience as much as you can.

:lol: Just go, get yourself a nice pie and a pint, twiddle your thumbs, and accept your lot. Living the dream.

Get a hotdog and a photo with Monty the magpie to round off a great day out for all the family.

Get a hotdog and a photo with Monty the magpie to round off a great day out for all the family.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, yesterday's 'match day experience' was great fun. And the question you pose is exactly the point of this thread- 'oh it will do nothing, don't be silly'. Well for fuck sake what worse can it do than paying him millions every year in tickets and merchandise??

Don't say it won't work when we've never tried it. He's money obsessed, and that would mean less money for him. Think about it.

:lol: Just go, get yourself a nice pie and a pint, twiddle your thumbs, and accept your lot. Living the dream.

Whey that's obviously not what I'm saying.

Presumably we pay for football partly because we enjoy watching two teams compete over 90 minutes to see who wins. I mean, that's the essence of sport. That's the reason why I can turn on Napoli v Genoa and have a decent time watching it. Even better if you support one of the teams.

You don't have to be constantly engaged in a existential crisis about what it all means and where it's going.

Yeah, yesterday's 'match day experience' was great fun. And the question you pose is exactly the point of this thread- 'oh it will do nothing, don't be silly'. Well for fuck sake what worse can it do than paying him millions every year in tickets and merchandise??

Don't say it won't work when we've never tried it. He's money obsessed, and that would mean less money for him. Think about it.

Don't get me wrong, if an individual fan wants to withhold money and support on principle I'm all for them doing it. I just don't think it will affect out situation.

Presumably we pay for football partly because we enjoy watching two teams compete over 90 minutes to see who wins. I mean, that's the essence of sport. That's the reason why I can turn on Napoli v Genoa and have a decent time watching it. Even better if you support one of the teams.

You don't have to be constantly engaged in a existential crisis about what it all means and where it's going.

We rarely compete over 90 minutes anyway.  :lol:

We rarely compete over 90 minutes anyway.  :lol:

:lol:

Fair point.

:lol:

Surely it would be harder to spend less than he has this season?

Yeah, yesterday's 'match day experience' was great fun. And the question you pose is exactly the point of this thread- 'oh it will do nothing, don't be silly'. Well for f*** sake what worse can it do than paying him millions every year in tickets and merchandise??

Don't get me wrong, if an individual fan wants to withhold money and support on principle I'm all for them doing it. I just don't think it will affect out situation.

So Ashley losing £20m+ a year from fans will not do anything? What's he going to do, sell our best players? We're fucking morons backing a regime that sells our best assets and doesn't replace them, he's keeping that money.

It will work, but until people stop shrugging their shoulders and paying to whack, that cunt is here to stay. As is Pardew. And so are days like yesterday.

Ashleys lack of Ambition for the club, and wanting to simply stay in the division, has a lot to do with being able to fill the stadium regardless. If there was doubt about the fans turning up he may have to show some ambition to sell tickets. As it stands he doesn't need to.

Guest Howaythetoon

What needs to happen is for everyone in the ground every game to give him dogs abuse, to let him and the whole world know what we think about his ownership and that we want him out.

It won't happen though because we have some of the most stupid, spineless easily pleased fans in the game. If this was happening to say Liverpool, Ashley wouldn't last a month. We bend over backwards though and ask to be fucked.

Lets hypotheses for a second and lack of attendance has brought Ashley to his knees and wants to sell….I don’t see anyone banging on his door wanting to buy?  Have we not been down this road before?

If someone is looking for a club to buy then surely they are going to examine its potential, the fan base, etc?  Having a stadium half full each week would surely be more counter productive? I personally think Ashley wouldn’t care.  TV money is set to rise and rise and that long with free advertising is imo all he is interested in.