Match-going fans - deserving of blame?

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest alijmitchell

We only have one way of fighting this and it just seems people are doing the opposite despite being treat with constant contempt.

There's just no significant opposition to the utter s*** we're being put through and that needs to change.

:thup: Spot on.

We will of course though see in this thread the vacuous argument that being a supporter means going to matches regardless of any circumstance and that it is even somehow admirable to actively enable those who take the p*ss out of you. Which is akin to some sort of retarded old military romanticism like charging at machine guns.

I wouldn't claim that going makes me a better fan than anyone.

But you have to consider a lot of people have been going to games since they were young.  If you and your mates have an entire social life built around the act of going to the game, if you haven't missed a game in a decade, giving that up to go shopping with your lass is anathema.

Your gas & electric company take the p*ss out of you, upping prices way above inflation year after year  and roll around in the profits.  You don't stop using gas and electricity.

Our banks have been involved in bringing the globe to near complete financial collapse.  yet they have not been jailed or lost any earnings even...we still use their banks!!

People much prefer complaining to turning their world upside down :)

Is this for real? You need gas and electricity to stay alive. Much like you need banks/some form of account.

Other energy sources and banks outside of the 5 main UK ones are available.

What a tit. That wasn't even your own point.

Stop attending for 4 or 5 games in a row. Stop buying merchandise.

Do that and all will be resolved very quickly.......... or else just keep on complaining and do nothing... same old same old.

4 or 5 games? If I'm an insider then you are thick as mince.

What you talking about dips**t. A businessman only cares about money.

You're some sort of ridiculous apologist: whats your angle? Sports Direct employee or something.

If a customer doesn't like a product then they should stop buying it: the company then has to change or cease to make a profit.

Couldn't resist coming down to your level for a bit, sorry.

Your level? You have no idea who I am. And you are no rocket scientist by any means: that is quite apparent.

I don't think anyone's ever said "you have no idea who I am" to me before.

Guest Howaythetoon

The sad thing is via this platform, nufc.com, the various fanzines and social media like facebook and twitter if fans did get together we could actually do something. We could make life very uncomfortable for Ashley and co if we really wanted to. Too many egos, too many people with agendas and too many fans who literally have no stomach for any kind of fight.

Just look at how many numpties walk around proudly with their Wonga tops, they even have their kids wearing the tat. Toon fans in general have no real pride left, a massive number are what I'd call sheeple, happy to buy a replica kit, happy to buy a burger, happy to finish top 10, happy the books look good, happy happy happy.

FS got dogs abuse for far much less than Ashley. Souness for all how bad he was, is nowhere near as bad as Pardew us yet its gizza a wave Pards or Pardiola, and it makes me fucking sick.

Toon fans are so dumbed down its unreal.

Unless tens of thousands get angry, get mobile, get active, get going and start doing something we will be stuck in this kind of limbo probably until the day the fat man dies because he's here to stay and why not, its costing him fuck all to run, he gets shit loads of advertising for free, the club is now actually making money and he gets to piss on the chips of those who have called him a fat cockney bastard etc.

Guest Howaythetoon

MA is making millions from NUFC

He's running a loss on his investment.

I guarantee by the time he finishes with us, he will be up on whatever deal it cost him to buy and own us, with room to spare.

I don't blame the fans, I know how hard it is supporting this club and the hard decisions it takes to give up going, it's like being a battered wife/husband. you just can't give it up like that. it takes several goes.

Didn't take several goes for me. I love my club, I'd be absolutely gutted if I couldn't take my kids to SJP one day like my dad with me and his dad etc. Self respect always has to come first, though. Ultimately I know I'm doing the right thing by the club, too.

The sad thing is via this platform, nufc.com, the various fanzines and social media like facebook and twitter if fans did get together we could actually do something. We could make life very uncomfortable for Ashley and co if we really wanted to. Too many egos, too many people with agendas and too many fans who literally have no stomach for any kind of fight.

Just look at how many numpties walk around proudly with their Wonga tops, they even have their kids wearing the tat. Toon fans in general have no real pride left, a massive number are what I'd call sheeple, happy to buy a replica kit, happy to buy a burger, happy to finish top 10, happy the books look good, happy happy happy.

FS got dogs abuse for far much less than Ashley. Souness for all how bad he was, is nowhere near as bad as Pardew us yet its gizza a wave Pards or Pardiola, and it makes me f***ing sick.

Toon fans are so dumbed down its unreal.

Unless tens of thousands get angry, get mobile, get active, get going and start doing something we will be stuck in this kind of limbo probably until the day the fat man dies because he's here to stay and why not, its costing him f*** all to run, he gets s*** loads of advertising for free, the club is now actually making money and he gets to p*ss on the chips of those who have called him a fat cockney b****** etc.

We'll never do anything as fans because the ones who step forward are the ones who care more about themselves getting publicity than actually doing some good, NUST is a perfect example of that.

So far as I can tell from the 30 June 2012 financials: season tickets made up 12.2% of gross revenues; gate receipts made up 6.5% of gross revenues; corporate hospitality boxes made up 4.8% of gross revenues; and other match day receipts made up 1.9% of gross revenue. That's an aggregate of 25.4% of gross revenue.

TV and media revenue made up 59.6% of gross revenue and commercial, catering, and sponsorship revenue made up 14.8% of gross revenue--an aggregate of 74.4%.

Realistically, there's only so much that a reduction in fan attendance is going to do.

So far as I can tell from the 30 June 2012 financials: season tickets made up 12.2% of gross revenues; gate receipts made up 6.5% of gross revenues; corporate hospitality boxes made up 4.8% of gross revenues; and other match day receipts made up 1.9% of gross revenue. That's an aggregate of 25.4% of gross revenue.

TV and media revenue made up 59.6% of gross revenue and commercial, catering, and sponsorship revenue made up 14.8% of gross revenue--an aggregate of 74.4%.

Realistically, there's only so much that a reduction in fan attendance is going to do.

Catering is tied into match day income, if nobody turns up they don't sell food.

I don't get the logic of those saying that staying away won't affect him since the major source of income from nufc is from tv money

Granted tv money is the bulk of it and 20,000 fans staying away probably won't make him want to up and leave BUT how can anyone feel comfortable knowing the money you spend goes towards the wages of a prick like Kinnear and also helps Ashley continue to shaft us

Catering is tied into match day income, if nobody turns up they don't sell food.

Club tat and revenue from being televised too (they won't broadcast empty stadiums IMO).

It's outsourced and I believe on a fixed fee contract. Would only hurt come time to re-negotiate that contract.

Club tat and revenue from being televised too (they won't broadcast empty stadiums IMO).

I'm sure we get so many games on TV because sky have to pay compensation to televised clubs if gates fall and ours rarely do.

Not going on moral grounds is admirable, I suppose, but realistically there's going to be a sufficient baseline attendance. I don't think people should kid themselves that staying away will actually do anything, as morally correct as it may be.

People have no idea how much replica and match tickets add up. It's monumental money. General sale tickets become inconsistent in selling, season tickets plummet, and people abandon the club shop and all of a sudden he's income is battered. He becomes bitter and decides to sell more players? Combine that with half empty stadium and a lowly league placing and it becomes very obvious to all what sort of a horrible little choad he is.

Fans buy the ticket have the right to complain just like any other transaction that goes tits up.

Ok so say you went to a restraunt and the food was shit, you'd rightly complain (I agree with that point) but then would you go back and eat said dog food every time you went out? After all you went there all the time with your dad and the food was great!

Granted it's not quite the same, but the principal is.

It's outsourced and I believe on a fixed fee contract. Would only hurt come time to re-negotiate that contract.

I know how it works.

Then you will know that if they don't sell any food it doesn't really make any difference at the moment.

Guest Howaythetoon

Lets face it, we would get 30K plus crowds in division 2. As long as we are a Premier League club that can play the likes of Ben Arfa we will always get the kind of crowds we are getting now, so talking of mass numbers not going is as unlikely as us winning a trophy. It ain't gonna happen.

Some individuals like myself may make the decision not to go but most won't and to be honest why the fuck should they, this is there club and even though everything is rotten about our club off the pitch, on it we've had some good results this season and have some good players, fans will always want to be part of that or to experience that regardless of owner or manager etc.

Me personally, I have better things to do with my life than spend 50 quid or so a game on watching something that I now no longer care enough about to actually want to go and want to invest in. Of course Ashley and co have influenced this but to be honest, I can watch the game from the comfort of my home for fuck all. The match day experience these days is nothing special unless its a 5-1 win over the mackems or a rare win over one of the so-called top four. Away days are much better atmosphere wise.

Guest alijmitchell

Im sure I read that crowd density at home games has a significant impact on results for the home team. It is possible that lower attendances could negatively affect performance of the team at home, and take us down - in which case TV revenue would no longer take up 50% or whatever it is of overall revenue. I'd take a relegation if it meant that we changed to a sensible, intelligent, football minded owner.