Newcastle United 1 - 0 Aston Villa - 23/02/14 - post-match reaction from Page 35

BlueStar

Krul - 7. Nowt to do really, but one great save. Kicking wasn't awful.

Debuchy - 6. Got forward okay to minimal effect.

Williamson - 8. Excellent.

Coloccini - 7. Very good as well, just shaded by his partner. Looked a touch vulnerable on the counter.

Dummett - 6. Few nice balls, shaky.

Sissoko - 5. Few good runs but wasteful and lacked effort at times.

Anita - 5. Kept possession okay at times, then was wasteful in others. No effect, really.

Tiote - 6. Broke up play well once or twice.

Gouffran - 5. Useful in defence, completely ineffectual going forward.

Cisse - 5. One or two nice, but ineffectual, touches. Should've scored.

Remy - 8. Always looked the most likely. Great goal.

If you're going to let your hysterical feelings towards an individual detract from moments like that then you may as well pack it in.

Clean sheet with only one really shaky spell in the first half, double the opposition's efforts on and off target. Couldn't have hoped for much better with confidence through the floor.

Impressed by Dummett & Anita again. :thup:

Colo was immense.

Man of the match i thought, Remy would have been if he never missed that open goal!

I just thought second half, him and Willo were great, but it's Colo's distribution that we've missed so much.

I've said that through the bad spell about Colo. People just disregarding how much of a big factor Colo is on our side. Cabaye factor just kept getting brought up but Colo at the back is something else for us. No Steven Taylor, a clean sheet and a win...was inevitable  :lol:

It's a nice feeling winning like that but it was such a frustrating watch. I thought we were utterly clueless for about 80 minutes. That said, we did well to exploit Villa's complete loss of composure and, whilst we had more attempts, I thought it had a touch of smash-and-grab to it.

Love that we won, hate that it keeps s*** head in a job :anguish:

He never would have got sacked anyway.

I thought Dummet was average BUT still better than Santon has been of late

Its funny, for years we only really had one LB. Now we have 3 and none of them really seem to be the answer.

Anita a 5? Nar, not having that

Me neither, it's the constraints that we're put on him that took him out of the game. It's no surprise as soon as Tiote went off and he got forward he looked like one of the best players on the pitch.

Krul - 7. Nowt to do really, but one great save. Kicking wasn't awful.

Debuchy - 6. Got forward okay to minimal effect.

Coloccini - 8. Excellent.

Williamson - 7. Very good as well, just shaded by his partner.

Dummett - 6. Few nice balls, shaky.

Sissoko - 5. Few good runs but wasteful and lacked effort at times.

Anita - 5. Kept possession okay at times, then was wasteful in others. No effect, really.

Tiote - 6. Broke up play well once or twice.

Gouffran - 5. Useful in defence, completely ineffectual going forward.

Cisse - 5. One or two nice, but ineffectual, touches. Should've scored.

Remy - 7. Always looked the most likely. Great goal. Wasteful.

If you're going to let your hysterical feelings towards an individual detract from moments like that then you may as well pack it in.

Clean sheet with only one really shaky spell in the first half, double the opposition's efforts on and off target. Couldn't have hoped for much better with confidence through the floor.

Impressed by Dummett & Anita again. :thup:

This. Hope this will instill some confidence in the team. De Jong also gives me a bit of hope, a lot better on the ball than Cisse.

Love that we won, hate that it keeps s*** head in a job :anguish:

He never would have got sacked anyway.

I thought Dummet was average BUT still better than Santon has been of late

Its funny, for years we only really had one LB. Now we have 3 and none of them really seem to be the answer.

Bit strange so many people are prepared to write Dummett off this early while certain French signings can give away goals and games without their reputations suffering one bit.

Guest bimpy474

Colo was immense.

Man of the match i thought, Remy would have been if he never missed that open goal!

I just thought second half, him and Willo were great, but it's Colo's distribution that we've missed so much.

I've said that through the bad spell about Colo. People just disregarding how much of a big factor Colo is on our side. Cabaye factor just kept getting brought up but Colo at the back is something else for us. No Steven Taylor, a clean sheet and a win...was inevitable  :lol:

Aye but Ronaldo and i have pointed out on several occasions that Colo has cost us goals with his poor marking. I'm more of a fan that Ron and would have him in the team.