Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

Youth Players Pardew has said have bright futures          Youth Players living up to potential

Vuckic

Bigi

Streete

Dummett

Good

Campbell

Armstrong

Sammy Ameobi

Richardson

It is become a cycle.. last year it was Bigi, Campbell, Ameobi and Streete... now they are forgotten because its Armstrong, Satka and Aarons time. 

To be fair, Dummett has seen plenty of minutes and Aarons looks good in the glimpses we have seen. I just don't thing any of the others have been given the opportunity here or to go away and learn their craft. Instead they are forgotten and likely released come the end of the season.

I am not saying all of those players could have made it under another coach to, I am sure they would have fared better though. It is the way Pardew bigs them up just to drop them cold that pisses me off.

@MsiDouglas: "I've given debuts to a few good 17-year-olds - Shelvey, Noble. I'd put him in that group in terms of potential" #nufc from tonight

Put in the hours, son, train really hard and commit yourself and you might, just might, be as good as Jonjo Shelvey. :lol:

Missed the game last night because of work, not really fussed on how we performed, but how did Armstrong do?

Pretty invisible for a lot of the game. Decent in the latter stages of the game.

Cheers, sounds decent enough considering it's his first start against a Premiership side.

Adam Armstrong is the leader of Newcastle United's new wave of talent

Armstrong was nothing short of terrific at Selhurst Park – a teenager whose performance belied his tender years and justified the high hopes that those at St James’ Park and the FA’s Wembley headquarters have for him.

It prompted the manager to make a remarkable admission afterwards – with the manager claiming he might just be the most natural finisher at the club.

Pardew said: “I think he’s kind of a player that can play in two roles. He can play at the top of the pitch and he can build the play because his touch is fantastic.

“If we were in a situation where we’re one-on-one (with the goalkeeper) and it was anyone at the football club, I’d like it to be him. That’s how confident I am in his finishing. He’s now got to get that game mentality. He will have learned a lot on Wednesday.”

It was a night when he surely stepped up his chances of muscling into the Premier League squad in the coming weeks.

“For the first five minutes I’d give him zero out of ten because he was a bit nervous,” Alan Pardew said afterwards.

“Then he did one little big of magic that gave him the confidence and he was terrific after that.

“He almost scored an unbelievable goal, which he’s capable of. He’s going to be, we hope, a great talent for the club. He loves the football team and that shows. He gave everything and he could hardly move at the end.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adam-armstrong-leader-newcastle-uniteds-7833591?

Armstrong was nothing short of terrific at Selhurst Park – a teenager whose performance belied his tender years and justified the high hopes that those at St James’ Park and the FA’s Wembley headquarters have for him.

It prompted the manager to make a remarkable admission afterwards – with the manager claiming he might just be the most natural finisher at the club.

Pardew said: “I think he’s kind of a player that can play in two roles. He can play at the top of the pitch and he can build the play because his touch is fantastic.

“If we were in a situation where we’re one-on-one (with the goalkeeper) and it was anyone at the football club, I’d like it to be him. That’s how confident I am in his finishing. He’s now got to get that game mentality. He will have learned a lot on Wednesday.”

It was a night when he surely stepped up his chances of muscling into the Premier League squad in the coming weeks.

“For the first five minutes I’d give him zero out of ten because he was a bit nervous,” Alan Pardew said afterwards.

“Then he did one little big of magic that gave him the confidence and he was terrific after that.

“He almost scored an unbelievable goal, which he’s capable of. He’s going to be, we hope, a great talent for the club. He loves the football team and that shows. He gave everything and he could hardly move at the end.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adam-armstrong-leader-newcastle-uniteds-7833591?

Someone please sack this man. Please.

Love how he always takes credit for giving players their first game (as if it's that courageous to throw a 17 year old on for the final 5 minutes of a game..)  Was he there when they developed into decent players? No he was long gone, yet he talks about it like is responsible for making their careers.

He should of stopped speaking after "“If we were in a situation where we’re one-on-one (with the goalkeeper) and it was anyone at the football club, I’d like it to be him. That’s how confident I am in his finishing."

Guest strongbow69

I honestly don't know what it is but this riles me no end, not sure if pardew genuinely doesn't like Newcastle as a place. Surely that should read he loves the club/city . Anyway fuck pardew

Missed the game last night because of work, not really fussed on how we performed, but how did Armstrong do?

Pretty invisible for a lot of the game. Decent in the latter stages of the game.

Cheers, sounds decent enough considering it's his first start against a Premiership side.

It wasn't a premiership side, it was Crystal Palace's reserve 11. Most championship sides would wipe the floor with them.

• 3 months later...