Newcastle United 0 - 3 Everton - 25/03/14 - post-match reaction from page 30

Rich

Speaking of the match going fans, abominable tonight.

Roars of joy from thousands when Deulofeu miscontrolled the ball out for our throw in, when we're 2-0 down. Huge groups of people, not just charvas (I saw a respectable looking woman in her mid-50s) singing "Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool" at the Everton fans as they came out.

Pardew and Ashley want us to think we're small time and my fucking God, they are succeeding.

There's a reason why clubs playing in the bigger leagues get bigger attendances since more people go to get entertained in them games.

Sure, but don't we usually look down on those extra fans as glory hunters? Where were you when you were shit, etc?

Most football fans aren't in it for enjoyment TBF.

:lol: What?!?!  I think this is the best one yet.  Please expand.

Did above.

Did you choose to support Newcastle as a form of entertainment like? I know I didn't, and neither did most fans.

It's not the point and you know it isn't.  We choose to sit back and not attack teams.  We have no passing style to speak of.  We leave our most gifted players in the stands or on the bench.  9 or 10 out of our starting 11 are picked with a focus on their defensive prowess.  I could go on.  This isn't what football is all about.

I don't disagree with that, I was talking about the principle, not our specific current situation.

It started from someone slagging off the match-going fans, I was trying to explain why I believe they shouldn't.

Both sides are understandable, there'll be people slagging off those staying away and saying it's pointless as well.

Agreed.

Mapou is a terrible right back. Disgusting that one of the best young centre backs in world football has become an incompetent right back with zero confidence.

Have to agree with this, he should be playing CB every week.

With who? :lol:

This is something that's festered for a year. He should have played in everyone of those games when Colo was injured and back in Argentina. Partnered with Willo. Was a nice run of games to see if he can overtake Colo. Now he's just a back 4 fill in.

Did above.

Did you choose to support Newcastle as a form of entertainment like? I know I didn't, and neither did most fans.

It's not the point and you know it isn't.  We choose to sit back and not attack teams.  We have no passing style to speak of.  We leave our most gifted players in the stands or on the bench.  9 or 10 out of our starting 11 are picked with a focus on their defensive prowess.  I could go on.  This isn't what football is all about.

I don't disagree with that, I was talking about the principle, not our specific current situation.

It started from someone slagging off the match-going fans, I was trying to explain why I believe they shouldn't.

Id suggest at the root of most peoples need to support a football club is a hope of enjoyment & having a side that makes you feel good through association. If you dont get it upfront, most fans live on the hope that it will come about.

This group has taken away that hope also, it leaves little. Ive no idea what you cling onto so much, but if you have no expectation of enjoyment that might explain a lot.

There's a reason why clubs playing in the bigger leagues get bigger attendances since more people go to get entertained in them games.

exactly, drop to the championship and roughly i would say 10,000 fans won't turn up.

then what the fuck are you in it for?  Will Cthulu break through a rift in spacetime if you stop paying attention?

Family history, local pride, obligation, habit, loyalty, all sorts of things. Most football fans have quite a shit time don't they? I thought this was a fairly innocuous and obvious point.

if you get zero enjoyment out of it, then you are a mug.  If it's the sense of community, well this community has become about as apathetic as I've ever seen. 

And honestly, loyalty?  You're an even bigger mug when you consider these overpaid tits.  And I'm about as big of an idiot as it gets for picking this club to support, not having any real connection to it.  Just fucking misguided loyalty.

Should've just jumped on the Chelsea bandwagon when we had the chance. :yao:

:lol: Watching Liverpool games like :pokerface:

:lol:

As if the Bills/Orioles fan in me was ever going to pick a successful PL club.

Roars of joy from thousands when Deulofeu miscontrolled the ball out for our throw in, when we're 2-0 down. Huge groups of people, not just charvas (I saw a respectable woman in her mid-50s) singing "Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool" at the Everton fans as they came out.

Pardew and Ashley want us to think we're small time and my f***ing God, they are succeeding.

Sadly Wullie that's what we've become.

I think the lack of resistance is a prime example why we've become small time.

Ashley has won the war without a shot being fired back

This group has taken away that hope also, it leaves little. Ive no idea what you cling onto so much, but if you have no expectation of enjoyment that might explain a lot.

I would love to enjoy it, I have enjoyed it massively in my lifetime. Even for periods under Ashley. That wasn't really the question.

The main reason I go to games is because I want to. And I don't think staying away will change anything. That's just a personal opinion.

Roars of joy from thousands when Deulofeu miscontrolled the ball out for our throw in, when we're 2-0 down. Huge groups of people, not just charvas (I saw a respectable looking woman in her mid-50s) singing "Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool" at the Everton fans as they came out.

Pardew and Ashley want us to think we're small time and my f***ing God, they are succeeding.

Same happened with Barkley. So fucking small time and embarrassing. :anguish:

Did above.

I wasn't slagging off match going fans, just pointing out that if they choose to support express support for what they are served up at home matches and are happy to pay for it that's their choice, and they shouldn't expect to be paid compensation for it.

Did above.

I wasn't slagging off match going fans, just pointing out that if they choose to support express support for what they are served up at home matches and are happy to pay for it that's their choice, and they shouldn't expect to be paid compensation for it.

Ah OK, accepted. Didn't mean to misquote you.

I'm not sure they're really 'expressing support for what they're being served up' though, I would think of it more as expressing support for the club in spite of what they're being served up.

I would love to enjoy it, I have enjoyed it massively in my lifetime. Even for periods under Ashley. That wasn't really the question.

The main reason I go to games is because I want to. And I don't think staying away will change anything. That's just a personal opinion.

Yes but do you not need a belief that it will improve? That we will get somewhere?

Why do you care what division we're in unless to maintain a certain standard of football?

You come across like a hamster whos perfectly happy on his wheel. No one is sure if change will achieve anything, but standing still isnt doing nowt.

It's worrying how much our home form has turned to shit in 2014. Already this year, we've been done 0-4 by Spurs, and 0-3 by both the mackems and Everton. What price Man United doing something similar, a week on Saturday? Not sure if I can be chowed to tune in anymore - might just make do with the wireless on in the background, as I did for the 2nd half tonight.

Club is dying on it's arse.

Yes but do you not need a belief that it will improve? That we will get somewhere?

Why do you care what division we're in unless to maintain a certain standard of football?

You come across like a hamster whos perfectly happy on his wheel. No one is sure if change will achieve anything, but standing still isnt doing nowt.

I don't know if you 'need' the belief that it will improve, it certainly helps. Usually things improve, then get worse, then improve again, quite unpredictably. FWIW I agree that we could achieve more, I've never claimed otherwise.

Also I believe the landscape of football has change irrevocably, we've been through this many times before. It's a bit late to explain my every view about Ashley again.

At some point Ashley might leave. Even under Ashley, we might make some more decent signings and have more likeable players and a better season next time. It's possible. That's what football offers isn't it? Always the next match, the next season, or whatever.

Usually things improve, then get worse, then improve again, quite unpredictably.

Woo hoo, a new sig.

I've lost you.

Typifies the absolute nowt you're constantly posting.  Who are we to analyse or criticise when "Usually things improve, then get worse, then improve again, quite unpredictably."  Should just pack in paying any attention at all, give the games a miss like you do and come on here posting pointless drivel like that.

You've had enough attention from me tonight anyway, sure you're very pleased with that but that's the end of it for the time being.