Lee Charnley

Dave

Guest Roger Kint

Club fell apart as soon as Chris Moat walked through the exit door.

this, mad how its rarely brought up

People seem to focus more on profits than how its run. In the next few weeks another monster profit will be released and most fans will be blinded by that than question what actually goes on.

this, mad how its rarely brought up

Wonder if this was actually the cause though, or if Ashley just hadn't had enough time to make enough mistakes.

We will never know, but Ashley was drinking with fans and hailed as a hero back when Moat was in the chair. Moat seemed to have a personable way about him and seemed like a reasonable guy. Lambias on the other hand looked every inch a devious, creepy arselicker who wouldn't bat an eyelid at sh*tting on the fans.

Wonder if this was actually the cause though, or if Ashley just hadn't had enough time to make enough mistakes.

Ashley didn't get involved back then other than to rubber stamp what was happening.

We will never know, but Ashley was drinking with fans and hailed as a hero back when Moat was in the chair. Moat seemed to have a personable way about him and seemed like a reasonable guy. Lambias on the other hand looked every inch a devious, creepy arselicker who wouldn't bat an eyelid at sh*tting on the fans.

Raoul Moat or Barry Moat?

Raoul Moat or Barry Moat?

Ha! Once I'd posted it and read it back, I thought that very same thing myself. I meant Mort. I shall go get the dunces hat and stand in the corner facing the wall for 5 minutes :D

Have you combined Chris Mort and Barry Moat into one person?

Yes. I am a mad scientist in my spare time. They now look like that Quagmire/Cleveland hybrid from Family Guy  :crazy2:

Mort helped to create the mess.

Yeah, maybe. But perhaps if he'd stayed on as chairman/MD, then he would/could have advised Ashley better on decisions he's made since. Communication between the club and fans was a lot better when he was here.

As I remember, he left shortly after the Wise/Jiminez/Vetere backroom was set-up, and Llambias was MD by the time KK quit. He was part of the team that brought Keegan back, so maybe had he still been here, he could have helped sort that mess out, without it going the way it did?

Mort still occasionally comes to matches, doesn't he?

Don't know about now but I saw him in the away section a couple of times when we were in the Championship (after he had left the club).