Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It isn't true.

Between that and us paying him £50k. People will believe any s**** they read as long as its negative

Very true for some. It's a bold move in life to believe what you judge to be true from what you read in media to just blindly beliving anything it tells you.

I actually would applaud them if they signed him for a free then then sold him immediately :lol:

:lol: For all the cuntish sales tactics this club employs, selling Colback on and making a few million literally a day after signing him would have be applause worthy and funny. Of course, when you a take a step back and realise that the sale money would be going straight back in to the fat ones pocket while they look for another freebie does make me sad.

Guest firetotheworks

Is it the same McRib from like 2001? That was lush, as was the Chicken Supreme that was out at the same time. Shouldn't know this information.

Don't think people are surprised. It's more that those that criticised this signing were told they "he's a good squad player" etc. When in reality he was always a replacement for Cabaye on the cheap

I don't think he is Cabaye's replacement at all. That is more likely to be Cabella or whichever AM we are trying to get. Whether we get Cab's replacement with our transfer policy is a different story of course.

No doubt that Colback is not here as a back-up player at all though.

Why are people surprised? Pardew will always go for a physical presence than the current midget he has in the middle of the park.

Lol Colback doesn't have much of one either.

Colback and Tiote the central midfield pairing for next season then, we've reached new lows.

Don't think people are surprised. It's more that those that criticised this signing were told they "he's a good squad player" etc. When in reality he was always a replacement for Cabaye on the cheap

I don't think he is Cabaye's replacement at all. That is more likely to be Cabella or whichever AM we are trying to get. Whether we get Cab's replacement with our transfer policy is a different story of course.

Logically though he is. We haven't got Cabella and I can't see us getting him. We lost Cabaye and now now pardew is talking about Colback as a starter. If you look at it that way, he's replaced a player that left. Happy days

:thup: no other way to look at it imo. Central mid, viewed as key player by manager. Until such time (guess: never) as Cabaye is replaced by a player of similar quality, Colback will effectively be his replacement.

Logically though he is. We haven't got Cabella and I can't see us getting him. We lost Cabaye and now now pardew is talking about Colback as a starter. If you look at it that way, he's replaced a player that left. Happy days

Logically he isn't. :lol: We are definitely keen on Cabaye's replacement, whether that is Cabella or someone else. We should know by now though, that keeping to our budget is a priority over getting a proper replacement on time. Look how long it took to replace Carroll or get a reserve LB.

Logically he isn't. :lol: We are definitely keen on Cabaye's replacement, whether that is Cabella or someone else. We should know by now though, that keeping to our budget is a priority over getting a proper replacement on time. Look how long it took to replace Carroll or get a reserve LB.

:lol: good luck waiting for that. If you think we will actually bother buying another CM I think you'll be very disappointed

I don't actually have much expectations, if any at all. That's not going to make me think Colback will assume Cabaye's responsibilities as the creative midfielder though.

:lol: good luck waiting for that. If you think we will actually bother buying another CM I think you'll be very disappointed

I don't actually have much expectations, if any at all. That's not going to make me think Colback will assume Cabaye's responsibilities as the creative midfielder though.

But if he's in the CM role. Tiote won't be dropped so it will be him and tiote. Or him tiote, Moussa.

Tiote and presumably Colback in place of Anita in CM. Cabaye was playing as a #10 and that's not going to be Colback's role. Bearing in mind that I maintain Colback would play regularly, just not as Cabaye's replacement.

But if he's in the CM role. Tiote won't be dropped so it will be him and tiote. Or him tiote, Moussa.

Tiote and presumably Colback in place of Anita in CM. Cabaye was playing as a #10 and that's not going to be Colback's role. Bearing in mind that I maintain Colback would play regularly, just not as Cabaye's replacement.

When did Cabaye play as a 10? I'd say never.

You serious? He was playing in that role in the last half-season here.

When did Cabaye play as a 10? I'd say never.

You serious? He was playing in that role in the last half-season here.

So in his whole time for half a season he played slightly more advanced and that was as a 10? So he played off the frontman? No way was that a traditional 10. He was more

advanced than we were used to. But he wasn't a 10

Use whatever fanciful term you want for it, but he was the most advanced and creative of a midfield trio. Colback was never brought in to fulfil that role.

Where did I say that we definitely will bring in Cabaye's replacement. :lol: Our formation has evolved that we are looking for a AM than a deep-lying playmaker that Cabaye played before last season.

Colback replacing Cabaye's role? No. Interest in Cabella or another AM? Yes. Whether we will bring in one for sure? Uncertain and not holding my hopes high with those muppets in charge of transfer policy. Hope that much is clear.