Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hang on, where the f*** did the Mirror get that £50,000 a week figure from?! Must be a ploy to wind the Newcastle fans up even further. Sensationalist journalism.

thin air probably, though I can easily believe the trying to sell him for £5m thing, which come on would have been hilarious

Re: his celebration.  Has anyone metioned Shearer gan radge for Blackburn when he scored infront of the gallowgate?

Ron's probably made a 3 page post about it and how Shearer's was 10x worse, just think it's a case of someone getting caught up in the moment. 

He's still a a little ginger cunt though and should be nowhere near this club.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Can't see that being correct, it was reported he was on £6k per week at Sunderland so there's no way we would increase his wages that much. The fact he was on so little is probably at least 50% of the reason we wanted him.

Well if it's not I'm sure we'll have another, not at all embarrassing or small time, statement from the club tomorrow.

There's no way mike will sue for a story that looks like we're spending money. EDIT: Of course just forgot about the 60 mil warchest debacle but I'll clarify: now we have Colback he won't mind wild speculation on his wage. But if the press report, quite fairly, that since we turn a profit and sold cabaye for 20 million then we SHOULD HAVE about 60 million to spend...then it's get the lawyers out time because that could raise our expectations to get through more than four rounds of a cup or something!

There's also no way Colback is on 50k a week. Anyone who even entertains that idea has simply lost all rational thought.

Re: his celebration.  Has anyone metioned Shearer gan radge for Blackburn when he scored infront of the gallowgate?

Ron's probably made a 3 page post about it and how Shearer's was 10x worse, just think it's a case of someone getting caught up in the moment. 

He's still a a little ginger c*** though and should be nowhere near this club.

Shearer had been out for a year with a smashed knee and had came off the bench!

Hang on, where the f*** did the Mirror get that £50,000 a week figure from?! Must be a ploy to wind the Newcastle fans up even further. Sensationalist journalism.

thin air probably, though I can easily believe the trying to sell him for £5m thing, which come on would have been hilarious

That £5m thing is so Ashley.

He's still a a little ginger cunt though and should be nowhere near this club.

Colback didn't really celebrate though, he used the opportunity (in both games) to tell the fans to shut up and then was posing for pictures after making 3-0 gestures :lol:

It's indefencible, he's pretty much all alone with David Meyler at the top of shit attention seeking mackems who've went above and beyond to goad Newcastle fans in recent times. But he's our player now, I'm not going to boo him but it's pretty difficult to brush that bollocks under the carpet.

EDIT: I'm not OUTRAGED like, I just cannot take the daft cunt seriously.

People actually believing we're paying him £50k a week :lol:

I can well believe it tbh. 24 years old, English midfielder on a free.

Player/agents wet dream that.

He certainly won't be on squad player wages that's for sure.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think with the additional TV money it's the way wages are going. Any new money in the premier league ends up with the players. It won't be long till average players like Colback earning £40-50k is the norm.

Guest neesy111

It'll be the idiotic clubs like West Ham and QPR who drive wages up, while other clubs try to keep them steady.

Guest diddimz

Wasn't one of the reasons Ashley Cole left arsenal because he was only offered 55k a week. To think that not that long after we're now talking similar figures for a player of colbacks quality

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yeah I think Chelsea offered him £5k more. To be fair it worked out well for Cole football wise.

Seen this a bit about Shearer, i remember the goal well but did he really "gan radge"? Thought he just did his arm in the air thing. My memory is woeful mind.

He didn't just do the hand in the air.

He ran to the corner where the Blackburn fans were punching the air and shouting and screaming.

He'd been out injured for yonks mind and had come on as sub and i'm 99% sure it was first time he'd played at SJP in a first team game for anyone.

Seen this a bit about Shearer, i remember the goal well but did he really "gan radge"? Thought he just did his arm in the air thing. My memory is woeful mind.

He ran to the corner where the Blackburn fans were punching the air and shouting and screaming.

He'd been out injured for yonks mind and had come on as sub and i'm 99% sure it was first time he'd played at SJP in a first team game for anyone.

First appearance after his cruciate wasn't it? Was absolutely unaware anyone bore him any animosity over it personally (clearly).

First appearance after his cruciate wasn't it? Was absolutely unaware anyone bore him any animosity over it personally (clearly).

The lack of widespread access to the internet meant that people weren't flooded with pictures of it and constantly reminded about it.