Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A free transfer is a good deal. I think people are being a little harsh on him (it's easy to hate the Sunderland thing), we desparetly need bodies and Colback is better than Gosling, so I'm happy with this for now.

A free transfer is a good deal. I think people are being a little harsh on him (it's easy to hate the Sunderland thing), we desparetly need bodies and Colback is better than Gosling, so I'm happy with this for now.

This is really starting to wind me up. Gosling turned out to be shit so we are accepting players who just are just better than shit now? Should we sign Emile Heskey because he is better than Shola? 

This is really starting to wind me up. Gosling turned out to be shit so we are accepting players who just aren't shit now? Should we sign Nicky Butt back because he is better than Alan Smith? 

:thup:

Gosling never needed replacing.

Colback as a football player is a fine squad addition for a skint and cheap ownership group we have. He never needs starting over Anita or Tiote or Sissoko IMO unless injury etc.

However his stupid celebrations and pictures as a supposed Newcastle supporter is a bunch of bull shit. Same goes for Danny "could never play for Sunderland" Graham who was jumping about with Colback and Johnson when Di Canio's side bummed us.

Colback better turn into an England regular or score goals versus Sunderland or he's got a ton to come around from.

This is really starting to wind me up. Gosling turned out to be shit so we are accepting players who just aren't shit now? Should we sign Nicky Butt back because he is better than Alan Smith? 

He did need replacing, he wasn't good enough to be in our starting line-up at all. Colback is better, but shouldn't be ahead of what we have, just squad cover.

Colback as a football player is a fine squad addition for a skint and cheap ownership group we have. He never needs starting over Anita or Tiote or Sissoko IMO unless injury etc.

However his stupid celebrations and pictures as a supposed Newcastle supporter is a bunch of bull shit. Same goes for Danny "could never play for Sunderland" Graham who was jumping about with Colback and Johnson when Di Canio's side bummed us.

Colback better turn into an England regular or score goals versus Sunderland or he's got a ton to come around from.

He did need replacing, he wasn't good enough to be in our starting line-up at all. Colback is better, but shouldn't be ahead of what we have, just squad cover.

Missing the point completely.

How/why did he need replacing?

This is really starting to wind me up. Gosling turned out to be shit so we are accepting players who just are just better than shit now? Should we sign Emile Heskey because he is better than Shola?

Have fun getting wound up then. Hope that works out for you.

Of course there is a bigger senitment with this signing in how shit the club is being run, how obvious it is that we have no ambition or drive to get in the quality the fans deserve. Ignoring what the fans deserve, and considering how fucking awful the reigme is and our circumstances are with our squad needs, I can bare this signing for now. Oh and signing a player that can compete in the Premiership over one that can't is acceptable. Hesky and Shola comparison isn't really of any value or comparison to this.

He can't cope in the Premiership anymore. He's lost a lot with his injuries and lack of games. He's so light weight and fragile he crumbles in the centre a lot and looks like he's shitting himself when on the ball. He's got a lot of work to do to establish himself as a player that can complete in the Premiership again, but he clearly had talent to do it but it's not developed and it's been hindered. Hence why he's at Bournemouth right now and not picked up by another Preimership side.

Aye, his current team are tearing up trees like.  There's a reason relegated / relegation fodder players play for relegation / relegation fodder teams.  It's not cos they're good.

This is really starting to wind me up. Gosling turned out to be s*** so we are accepting players who just aren't s*** now? Should we sign Nicky Butt back because he is better than Alan Smith? 

He needed replacing because being a squad player isn't about playing 3 cup games a season, it's about pushing players in the first team to perform to their levels. Tiote has went through spells of shite because a 50% tiote is still better than a gosling. Think jonas is a good example of a player with no pressure on you, performances dip over so long and can never get back

Aye, his current team are tearing up trees like.  There's a reason relegated / relegation fodder players play for relegation / relegation fodder teams.  It's not cos they're good.

You make it sound like it's not possible for players in teams that finish in the bottom half of the table can ever be capable of playing in a team competing higher and doing a job. We know that's not true like.

Missing the point completely.

I reply to a post saying Gosling didn't need replacing by saying how he did, yet I missed the point? - please enlighten to me to what you think I missed.

He will start ahead of better players. Why are people thinking he won't? He's hardly going to come here and sit on the bench is he? Instead of 50k.

I am massively assuming that we are still looking to replace Cabaye and that Anita and Tiote would naturally be ahead of Colback. I'd see Colback as being utilised as cover to first team only as opposed to being first choice. If he is first choice that really is baffling.

You make it sound like it's not possible for players in teams that finish in the bottom half of the table can ever be capable of playing in a team competing higher and doing a job. We know that's not true like.

Most of them end up serial relegators or continual strugglers.  It's cos they're shit.  They're one eleventh of a shit team which is shit because they and their team-mates are shit.  They might look a little less shit than the shit around them but they're still shit.

Guest TruToon94

I don't care how good a player is, I don't want us signing Mackems. End of.

What an embarrassment this club has become.