Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

I can see our back four being really exposed if Tiote and Colback play as a pair.

They're already exposed to a ridiculous degree, Colback won't make any difference to that. It's Pardew's tactics of not having anyone sitting that's the main problem in that department.

It's easy to keep a high pass completion rate when you never try to make an interesting one and just give it to the bloke next to you instead.

Colback's pass completion was 21st in the league. Cabaye's this season was 132nd. I know whose performances I'd rather have.

I can see our back four being really exposed if Tiote and Colback play as a pair.

They're already exposed to a ridiculous degree, Colback won't make any difference to that. It's Pardew's tactics of not having anyone sitting that's the main problem in that department.

That and the fact we've not had one defender who's looks comfortable with players running at him since Jose left.

Guest bimpy474

That and the fact we've not had one defender who's looks comfortable with players running at him since Jose left.

That's very true.

Well Tiote is prone to being caught out of position and people are touting Colbacks engine which means is a reference to him getting up the pitch despite having no quality whatsoever.

Guest bimpy474

Well Tiote is prone to being caught out of position and people are touting Colbacks engine which means is a reference to him getting up the pitch despite having no quality whatsoever.

While i may get Ron a bit mad at this, i think Tiote doesn't sit because Pardew's tactics encourages him not to, ever since Pardew has been here we've had a massive problem with teams breaking onto our CB's. The times we had Cabaye deepest with Tiote on the edge of opposition box in attack was also ridiculous. Now Tiote has many faults but the space vacated in front of the back four is one i don't blame him for, Pardew's tactics are the reason as it happens when Tiote isn't playing.

Instead of telling a player, be it Tiote or whoever to sit and hold, Pardew simply doesn't, i know what you mean with Colback but just imo it's irrelevant. We could sign the best holding player in the world and our defence would still get exposed.

While i may get Ron a bit mad at this, i think Tiote doesn't sit because Pardew's tactics encourages him not to, ever since Pardew has been here we've had a massive problem with teams breaking onto our CB's. The times we had Cabaye deepest with Tiote on the edge of opposition box in attack was also ridiculous. Now Tiote has many faults but the space vacated in front of the back four is one i don't blame him for, Pardew's tactics are the reason as it happens when Tiote isn't playing.

Instead of telling a player, be it Tiote or whoever to sit and hold, Pardew simply doesn't, i know what you mean with Colback but just imo it's irrelevant. We could sign the best holding player in the world and our defence would still get exposed.

I agree with most of this but our defence would perform better as a unit with a player who just say and covered the space deep.

Aka what Anita did for Ajax.

Guest bimpy474

I agree with most of this but our defence would perform better as a unit with a player who just say and covered the space deep.

Totally agree but for that to happen Pardew would need to go back to 4-3-3, a system that was the best suited to our squad, brought the best performances and something he's flatly refused to do. The man is mental to be honest.

Totally agree but for that to happen Pardew would need to go back to 4-3-3, a system that was the best suited to our squad, brought the best performances and something he's flatly refused to do. The man is mental to be honest.

The 4-3-3... That old chestnut.

Guest bimpy474

The 4-3-3... That old chestnut.

Well it is true like, and would suit Vurn perfectly, it's a shame Pardew wastes him.

Guest palnese

Jermaine Jenas mk2

Jenas was a fucking maestro compared to this cunt. Not sure I can remember Ginger Nuts here scoring the kind of goals Jenas did.

He scored a pretty good one against us.