Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He isn't a Cabaye replacement. I hope people aren't going to judge to that high standard. He will take Goslings place in the squad with the plus of him being competent at full back.

He hasn't been shite for Sunderland, and it wasn't just a purple patch last season. Until his roles in the derby wins, he was seen as a mag cunt and they judged him accordingly. He has always been solid for them. Ipswich too.

He isn't a Cabaye replacement in ability, but the fear is he is a Cabaye replacement in body. Not to doubt you but can't you see that scenario, we tried but at least we got Jack over the line.

Honestly i see Colback as Cabaye's replacement in the squad (number wise), and watching us attempt to sign decent players for a pittance again, well conclusions will be drawn.

I don't think we have much intention to replace Cabaye going from the usual lowball bids for Cabella. If he's so good, you pay the extra, we're fannying around as usual. We will likely move on to Grenier soon and do the same.

Even if we sign sign Cabella he isn't a replacement for Cabaye, two different players in two different positions. Cabella is very much a Ben Arfa replacement.

I agree though, Colback is a decent player and a decent squad player. I'd be disappointed if he is Cabaye's replacement (which I don't think he is), but if he is a squad player then the club have done very well.

I long for the day that I don't see Tiote launching cross field balls that don't find their target or give us momentum. It's always a shitty pass or a good pass that puts the player under pressure. Either way, it's stupid and he should have stopped doing it ages ago. When Tiote starts making forward passes, I'll view him differently. Until then, he's a Pirlo-wannabe who thinks he's hard but consistently commits stupid fouls.

Colback is a different player but a better player.

You do realise he consistently has the highest amount/successful passes for us right?

How many of them are actually forward passes? Stick my grandma in there and she'd be able to pass the ball back to Colo when it's rolled to him under no pressure. How about turn around and actually make a forward pass that finds its target for once?

The days of the hard DM are over. We need to move on from that s***. Tiote is an anachronism. Even an ultra defensive team like Atletico didn't employ a midfielder that couldn't pass the ball like him.

Atletico's midfield give the ball away more than Tiote does, not the point mind but he's not as careless with the ball as your describing.

I long for the day that I don't see Tiote launching cross field balls that don't find their target or give us momentum. It's always a shitty pass or a good pass that puts the player under pressure. Either way, it's stupid and he should have stopped doing it ages ago. When Tiote starts making forward passes, I'll view him differently. Until then, he's a Pirlo-wannabe who thinks he's hard but consistently commits stupid fouls.

Colback is a different player but a better player.

You do realise he consistently has the highest amount/successful passes for us right?

How many of them are actually forward passes? Stick my grandma in there and she'd be able to pass the ball back to Colo when it's rolled to him under no pressure. How about turn around and actually make a forward pass that finds its target for once?

Most of my Sunderland supporting mates are always pulling their hair out at Colback passing it sideways or back.

He's not better than Tiote, he's not better than Sissoko. The most comparable player in our squad to Colback in terms of style would be Anita. Anita is also better than him. That's saying something when the latter two are never ever utilised properly by our manager.

I don't know what games you guys were watching but a static midfield and unimaginative passing were two of our biggest problems last year and Tiote contributes hugely to that. Pardew is the number one reason but Tiote being in there every match is too. I'd rather Sissoko try a crazy run and end up making a silly pass than see Tiote pass it back to the CBs twenty times a match.

He averages 60-70 passes a game, the majority will be short and to the side or back. That's all right if you're contributing defensively. He doesn't. What's worse is the 20 other passes which rarely put us in a good position. He sucks. He was good when he was asked to do nothing but keep it easy, but that time has long ago passed, either by Pardew's fault or his own.

He's better than Tiote. He's athletic, quick, good on the ball. He can dribble without it bouncing off his shin and he can play more than a little tippy tap pass back to whoever he got it from so he's better than Tiote for me. Tiote does nothing defensively so I'll judge him on his skills on the ball, which aren't good.

He really really isn't.

He's not better than Tiote, he's not better than Sissoko. The most comparable player in our squad to Colback in terms of style would be Anita. Anita is also better than him. That's saying something when the latter two are never ever utilised properly by our manager.

Tiote and Anita are purely defensive players, although they probably do that better than Colback. He might be able to use the ball better, certainly more intelligently than Tiote. He's not a patch on Sissoko though, so there shouldn't even be any question of him replacing him.

Guest Bert Shaft

I don't know what games you guys were watching but a static midfield and unimaginative passing were two of our biggest problems last year and Tiote contributes hugely to that. Pardew is the number one reason but Tiote being in there every match is too. I'd rather Sissoko try a crazy run and end up making a silly pass than see Tiote pass it back to the CBs twenty times a match.

He averages 60-70 passes a game, the majority will be short and to the side or back. That's all right if you're contributing defensively. He doesn't. What's worse is the 20 other passes which rarely put us in a good position. He sucks. He was good when he was asked to do nothing but keep it easy, but that time has long ago passed, either by Pardew's fault or his own.

You seem to have started writing about Tiote but have described Colback to a tee. Well done.

Guest bimpy474

He isn't a Cabaye replacement. I hope people aren't going to judge to that high standard. He will take Goslings place in the squad with the plus of him being competent at full back.

He hasn't been shite for Sunderland, and it wasn't just a purple patch last season. Until his roles in the derby wins, he was seen as a mag cunt and they judged him accordingly. He has always been solid for them. Ipswich too.

He isn't a Cabaye replacement in ability, but the fear is he is a Cabaye replacement in body. Not to doubt you but can't you see that scenario, we tried but at least we got Jack over the line.

Honestly i see Colback as Cabaye's replacement in the squad (number wise), and watching us attempt to sign decent players for a pittance again, well conclusions will be drawn.

I don't think we have much intention to replace Cabaye going from the usual lowball bids for Cabella. If he's so good, you pay the extra, we're fannying around as usual. We will likely move on to Grenier soon and do the same.

Colback will be here to make up a squad place and offer good cover for Anita and Santon.

I don't like to use the words hard working cos they have a negative connotation on here, but he's about as genuine and honest a professional footballer that you'll come across. He lacks quality in the final third, that's why he's on a free and relatively low wages, but he plays a good part in the build up and offers good cover defensively.

I don't like speaking on this signing too much as some of the comments are overly harsh and I know people are upset over it. I don't wanna be seen as a troll, I'm just offering my view.

I think he's an ok signing tbh, it's not trolling if you think that as well. Some are upset over the 0-3 sign, i'm not, some are upset he's an ex Sunderland, i'm not. I'm firmly upset if this the level of player we can expect, which i believe it is now. It's just horrible.

Guest bimpy474

On what planet is Anita a "purely defensive player"? :lol:

Same as the other 10 in a Pardew line up..........i thank you :lol:

Deschamps was bemoaning the fact that he didn't have a pool of players like England's to choose from the other day tbf.  Having to pick Sissoko in your World Cup squad while superior players such as Colback didn't get near Hodgson's England squad is really tough luck for Deschamps and a sign of the times.

If we're sticking with Pardew (:anguish:), then unfortunately this is exactly the sort of signing we need to make.  There's no point letting Carr unearth talented French flair players when this clown will just stick them on the bench or at left back.

Deschamps was bemoaning the fact that he didn't have a pool of players like England's to choose from the other day tbf.  Having to pick Sissoko in your World Cup squad while superior players such as Colback didn't get near Hodgson's England squad is really tough luck for Deschamps and a sign of the times.

I don't think he was including Colback in that pool tbh.

Also for my money France have a better squad than us.

I don't think he was including Colback in that pool tbh.

Also for my money France have a better squad than us.

:lol: Deschamps didn't say owt like that, not to my knowledge anyway.