Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He could have been tbh. Had all the attributes. Had a very strange career

Him and Dyer had great potential, just never worked out for either of them due to differing circumstances. Jenas just couldn't handle any kind of pressure.

I'd say it worked out pretty well for both of them. Under Robson we played CL football with both of them pretty instrumental in those 3rd and 4th place finishes. Jenas' value increased here, and Dyer's did too despite being a crock. Neither of them was top, top level but for what we paid we got our money's worth.

I do think Jenas had the potential to be a better player than he turned out to be.  I remember him having an absolute stormer vs Juventus in Champions League (I think Davids ended up being subbed?) and thought that would be the making of him.

I do think Jenas had the potential to be a better player than he turned out to be.  I remember him having an absolute stormer vs Juventus in Champions League (I think Davids ended up being subbed?) and thought that would be the making of him.

Without a doubt. I thought the same about Milner tbh and still do to some extent although he's gone on to fulfill a lot of his potential. He's just one of those players who likes to be the support act rather than the main man himself.

With Jenas somewhere along the line he just started being afraid to take risks. Hardly ever passed forward or tried to go past people. It just got ridiculous.

I feel like his issues were mostly mental, as though he lacked confidence or self belief. Playing under someone like Keegan would have been the making of him. Whereas playing for someone like Souness was probably the worst thing that could have happened to him.

With Jenas somewhere along the line he just started being afraid to take risks. Hardly ever passed forward or tried to go past people. It just got ridiculous.

I feel like his issues were mostly mental, as though he lacked confidence or self belief. Playing under someone like Keegan would have been the making of him. Whereas playing for someone like Souness was probably the worst thing that could have happened to him.

Jenas was superb between Jan & May '03 like. Even before that. First start for us as an 18-19 year old in an away derby and he was cool as fuck.

He was a decent athlete with very clean passing and striking of the ball who never really had the type of ability we're seeing from, say, Barkley now. That's someone who'll be in England's midfield for 10 years. Same as Gerrard, very different type, but he was dominating PL games in his late teens.

In his first full season he was 19 and played 30+ games and scored 6 goals. That's pretty impressive. In Gerard's first full season at the same age he got 1 goal in 29 apps, then 7 the season after. Jenas could have been a top class England CM, but for whatever reason it didn't work out

As I said, he never demonstrated the aptitude to control games like Gerrard did.

He was a decent athlete with very clean passing and striking of the ball who never really had the type of ability we're seeing from, say, Barkley now. That's someone who'll be in England's midfield for 10 years. Same as Gerrard, very different type, but he was dominating PL games in his late teens.

In his first full season he was 19 and played 30+ games and scored 6 goals. That's pretty impressive. In Gerard's first full season at the same age he got 1 goal in 29 apps, then 7 the season after. Jenas could have been a top class England CM, but for whatever reason it didn't work out

As I said, he never demonstrated the aptitude to control games like Gerrard did.

His own ego, outside expectations and our continued inability to develop talent? I think Jenas main problem was also himself...

People talk about that derby match being his first start, he looked fantastic that day.

At least he can motivate himself for derbies, which is more than 90% of our squad can muster.

yes, if newcastle batters That scum i am sure he'll make the same sign for us. I am so proud of this shitty signing...

Going to allow myself to get excited for this lad, looks a cracking prospect. Good luck Jackie G!

G is for Geordie. :aww:

You've got to be the worst WUM on here like, fucking abysmal :lol: