Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jenas was a decent lad and a good, solid player who was ridiculously overhyped by Bobby to the extent he could never live up to it.

Harsh to blame Bobby - Souness made him captain and called him the next Vieira, that probably did it.

The fact that he slotted into our (at the time) excellent midfield and didn't at all look out of place was a great credit to him with him being so young.

Everyone got carried away, there was no reason not to.  His career then went nowhere. 

Fuck knows why.  His attitude would be my guess.  He's 31 now, and he's probably further away from the England squad than Jack Colback.

I'm just going to quietly pretend this isn't happening

Carry on

I won't let you

JACK Colback insists there will be a part of Tyneside rooting for Sunderland when he makes his full derby debut.

Killingworth-born Colback switched his allegiances to red and white after joining the Sunderland academy aged 11, with his family subsequently backing the Black Cats.

“My mam and dad weren’t really that strong fans anyway – my mam’s a Man U supporter, which says it all!” said Colback, who celebrated wildly after grabbing the winner for Sunderland’s second string against Newcastle three years ago.

“I’ve been here for a good 10 or 11 years, so my family are more on the Sunderland side of things now.

“They’ll be wishing me all the best, and hopefully I can go out and help turn Newcastle over.

I can't get on board with this ginger twat like :lol:

Hello

Colback has played at SJP in red and white before – scoring in 2008’s 2-1 reserve team success against the Magpies.

“I expect the game to be a bit more intense than that one!” said Colback.

“But if we could pull off the same result, I’d be over the moon, especially if I scored.”

:lol: Sticking that on Faceys.

Source?

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-s-jack-colback-says-newcastle-united-fans-hostility-can-spur-black-cats-to-victory-1-4308291

I changed the SJP bit obviously.

Sunderland midfielder Jack Colback has revealed some Newcastle United fans clapped the visitors off the pitch after Sunday's derby win.

Colback was a second-half substitute in the famous 3-0 triumph.

“I was getting quite a lot of stick warming up – you’ll not need to ask why – so it as good to get the last laugh," he told The Journal.

“To be fair, there were a couple of Newcastle fans who had been giving me a bit of stick, but they clapped me off. So give them their due, although 99 per cent were still effing and blinding.

“It was a great day for the team, the staff, the manager and obviously the fans. They’ve finally got the chance to give some stick back and I’m sure they’ve been doing that.”

Even if this cunt goes on to be the ginger Messi, he's still going to make me puke

The Sunderland midfielder is from the north of the River Tyne, brought up a Geordie but a product of Sunderland legend Kevin Ball’s hard work in a youth system which also developed and nurtured his close friend Jordan Henderson.

Colback is Sunderland through and through now – as his reaction to his recent goal at St James’ Park demonstrated. He is in talks with Gus Poyet to extend the contract which expires at the end of this season and if anyone among the Uruguayan’s squad can understand the pain of 41 years without a trophy for the Mackem faithful, it is the boy from Cramlington.

Jenas was a decent lad and a good, solid player who was ridiculously overhyped by Bobby to the extent he could never live up to it.

Harsh to blame Bobby - Souness made him captain and called him the next Vieira, that probably did it.

Probably did what, man? I'm talking about the expectations the fans had of Jenas brought on by Bobby saying he'd be England's main CM for 10 years. Not Souness making him captain for a few games in Shearer's absence by which time he'd lost a hell of a lot of popularity because of poor performances in the 5th place season.

Nobody's fault, as such.

He could have been tbh. Had all the attributes. Had a very strange career

Him and Dyer had great potential, just never worked out for either of them due to differing circumstances. Jenas just couldn't handle any kind of pressure.

Was delighted when we signed him tbh, had it all ahead of him, just never happened.

Was also over the moon when we signed Glass bones and Bramble as well :lol: it's a funny old world

Him and Dyer had great potential, just never worked out for either of them due to differing circumstances. Jenas just couldn't handle any kind of pressure.

Yeah, he was fragile mentally. That was the problem with him. Had bags of ability.

They were both brilliant players, they didn't really give a shit though imo.

He was a decent athlete with very clean passing and striking of the ball who never really had the type of ability we're seeing from, say, Barkley now. That's someone who'll be in England's midfield for 10 years. Same as Gerrard, very different type, but he was dominating PL games in his late teens.