Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

I can fully understand people being uninterested in this if they dont rate Colback but just spoke to a lad at work whose only arguement was 'what the fuck do we need cover for? We have too big a squad as it is'  :idiot2:

Jack Colback is nowhere near the class of Anita btw.

If Anita was in a good team, he'd absolutely shine.

Colback would continue to float through games, ticking play over at best.

I can fully understand people being uninterested in this if they dont rate Colback but just spoke to a lad at work whose only arguement was 'what the fuck do we need cover for? We have too big a squad as it is'  :idiot2:

Partly true in that we don't need another Colback type. Bigi or Abeid should really be in that spot next year in the hope that they develop to levels eternally beyond what Jack Colback will ever achieve.

Guest firetotheworks

I want him to fail as a Newcastle player. He will fail as a Newcastle player.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4792270.stm

"I saw a headline saying Arsenal are flying the flag for Britain," he said.

"I kind of wondered where that British involvement actually was when I looked at their team.

"It's important that top clubs don't lose sight of the fact that it's the English Premier League and English players should be involved."

"The soul of this team will remain with at least three or four English players as long as I am West Ham. I think that's important, I really do."

Any old players will do as long as they're English...

It's not even worth getting mad over. I'm purely apathetic at this point.

If we don't sign a Cabaye replacement and Jack Colback is our only signing then I'm right there with you. For the squad, Colback is perfectly fine.

Like I said earlier, I don't think we will bridge the gap in valuations that ourselves and Montpellier have, and another club will be in for Cabella. Then wash and repeat for the next target of real quality.

For the squad, Colback is perfectly fine.

Is he though?

He's yet another average plodder standing between young lads and the first team. Bigi is easily comparable to him in terms of quality now but you know Pardew will just use use him as another reason not to give Bigi a chance to improve.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/382266/Sunderland-free-agent-Jack-Colback-set-to-join-arch-rivals-Newcastle

Sunderland free agent Jack Colback set to join arch rivals Newcastle

SUNDERLAND midfielder Jack Colback has turned his back on a £50,000-per-week offer from West Ham to join hometown club Newcastle.

The Black Cats were always resigned to losing the out-of-contract Geordie, who was one of the worst-paid players in the first team squad last season.

His decision to join their bitter rivals ahead of West Ham, however, comes as a major surprise with the Toon's personal terms falling way short of the Hammers' offer.

Wow, thanks.

Interesting post on RTG - sounds like some people on here might be underrating Colback

he doesnt often hit 9/10 performances like johnson does sometimes but he is far more consistent. our most reliable performer along with mannone, very rarely had a bad game. in a season where we nearly got relegated there was few players you could count on to deliver a decent solid performance every week...jack was one of those players like

not surprising so many prem clubs are after him.. he does the simple things so well and is v. composed and has a great engine. doesnt lunge into tackles much. also very crisp passer...as a central mid he has one of the highest pass completion rates in the league

Interesting post on RTG - sounds like some people on here might be underrating Colback

he doesnt often hit 9/10 performances like johnson does sometimes but he is far more consistent. our most reliable performer along with mannone, very rarely had a bad game. in a season where we nearly got relegated there was few players you could count on to deliver a decent solid performance every week...jack was one of those players like

not surprising so many prem clubs are after him.. he does the simple things so well and is v. composed and has a great engine. doesnt lunge into tackles much. also very crisp passer...as a central mid he has one of the highest pass completion rates in the league

Just because it's well written doesn't make it right.

Spot on - I have never rated him - sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards.

Coward of a footballer. Well shot

The mags are gona get a shock when they see this very limited, negative player run about a lot contributing four fifths of fuck all