Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yesterday he was disgusting, he was lucky not to give a penalty with his pointless shirt pulling. You would have thought he would have learned from that but no 30 seconds later he gives a goal away with another pointless foul.

He is crap simple as that. Send him back to Sunderland.

His shirt pulling isn't pointless though. He wouldn't do it if he could tackle properly or keep up with players he's marking. The reason he does it is because he has the pace and acceleration on a par with her majesty the queen. No doubt someone will pull out some useless stats to show how much pitch he covers during 90 mins of dawdling like an old man.

Probably, i could go on the pitch and cover more ground than him fairly comfortably i recon because I'm fit. I am however a useless footballer. he is just awful in every way, the sight of him offends me.

Yesterday he was disgusting, he was lucky not to give a penalty with his pointless shirt pulling. You would have thought he would have learned from that but no 30 seconds later he gives a goal away with another pointless foul.

He is crap simple as that. Send him back to Sunderland.

His shirt pulling isn't pointless though. He wouldn't do it if he could tackle properly or keep up with players he's marking. The reason he does it is because he has the pace and acceleration on a par with her majesty the queen. No doubt someone will pull out some useless stats to show how much pitch he covers during 90 mins of dawdling like an old man.

Probably, i could go on the pitch and cover more ground than him fairly comfortably i recon because I'm fit. I am however a useless footballer. he is just awful in every way, the sight of him offends me.

i'm at this stage as well

Why does he take so long to do things?

Apart from grab shirts.

and the tripping, clattering into someone for intentional fouls. If he had 10 passes to complete yesterday, 7 were backwards (delaying for seconds), 2 were sideways. 1 ahead of him.

shockingly shit player.

Really surprised it's took Benitez this long to suss out what a liability he is. Noticeable he got subbed straight after handing them the game. I'm hoping that was the  Steve Taylor moment where Rafa decided that this waste of space won't ever pull on a Newcastle shirt again.

No point even getting mad about it anymore. He's terrible. Always has been, always will be.

We sent a better CM out on loan in Saivet and have a better one playing right back every few weeks. Very frustrated with Rafa for entertaining the fact he should replace Shelvey for these 5 games.

Surely everyone who has managed Colback must have told him not to give away needless free kicks in dangerous positions, whether that be on the edge of the box or out wide when a player has his back to him. It's blatantly obvious to everyone who watches him for only a couple of games that he does it far far too often. I simply refuse to believe that our previous managers (including Pardew) didn't notice it and tell him to stop doing it, Benitez would certainly have told him, yet he still does it over and over again. The only conclusion is that he's completely stupid beyond belief and is just blatantly ignoring instructions from the manager. He's obviously got away with doing it under our last few managers, but I'm hoping his quick substitution yesterday means that Rafa is not going to forgive and that's the end of him.

One thing Benitez won't tolerate is players who he doesn't think he can trust. Mitrovic has barely featured since his stupid red card v Spurs and I think Colback will go the same way after yesterday.

add Perez as another who should be added to list who Rafa can't trust

Would it be greedy to sign 2 CM's this window particularly as Tiote is probably off? If we get 1 Ginger Jack would still be 4th choice and would probably still make the bench and get a game when injuries/suspensions occur.

Surely everyone who has managed Colback must have told him not to give away needless free kicks in dangerous positions, whether that be on the edge of the box or out wide when a player has his back to him. It's blatantly obvious to everyone who watches him for only a couple of games that he does it far far too often. I simply refuse to believe that our previous managers (including Pardew) didn't notice it and tell him to stop doing it, Benitez would certainly have told him, yet he still does it over and over again. The only conclusion is that he's completely stupid beyond belief and is just blatantly ignoring instructions from the manager. He's obviously got away with doing it under our last few managers, but I'm hoping his quick substitution yesterday means that Rafa is not going to forgive and that's the end of him.

Should you really need to tell a professional footballer not to give away free kicks in dangerous positions?  He's a fucking joke and a travesty of a 'professional'.  No talent, no athleticism, no brains and no balls.  The sooner we palm off this little ginger cockend to whatever poor club will take him the better.

Should you really need to tell a professional footballer not to give away free kicks in dangerous positions?  He's a fucking joke and a travesty of a 'professional'.  No talent, no athleticism, no brains and no balls.  The sooner we palm off this little ginger cockend to whatever poor club will take him the better.

:lol:  fucking hell  :lol:

Good points  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Why are there 15 pages on this utter prick? Like I said, he's from Killingworth, went to my school and he's doing 0-3 signs to fans? Fucking do one you ugly, ginger cunt. His peak is average at best as well.

Where did it all go so wrong? I loved him back then.

My favourite bit is when people were justifying him as a replacement for Gosling rather than Cabaye. In hindsight I don't even know why that was deemed acceptable, Colback makes Gosling look like 2005 Franken Gerrpard.

I actually started to come round to him but yesterday was on another level. Obviously if I'm to be objective Shelvey not being in the side is the main reason for this, but then he goes and barges a player over on the edge of the box for no apparent reason. I hope he never plays again.

Guest firetotheworks

Rubbish claim he doesn't try tbf.

He's good at making it look like he's trying. I said it a while back, but he's either a deliberate coward or positionally shit. Below is still my take on it.

Also, I thought it was fair enough before when you said that you say it as you see it because you're not a fanboy, then I went back through the thread and inadvertantly saw a handful of posts where you were saying he was a good player/signing before he'd even played for us. [emoji38]

My main gripe with Colback is that he gets a free pass because it's perceived that he doesn't do anything wrong because he doesn't misplace passes and is perceived to work hard. To me and a lot of people it seems like he's aware of that and plays upon it by never trying anything that could fail and expose him to the sort of criticism that someone like Sissoko gets or Ben Arfa got, or IMO Shelvey will get. As someone put it a little while ago he 'aliby runs' to give the impression of graft but it's never of any benefit and that energy in appearing to work hard is nowhere to be seen if it means finding space on the edge of the area, using his right foot, playing a decisive pass or taking a shot. Instead he hides behind opposition players, goes with his left, plays the easy pass or looks to pass the responsibility onto others to fail or succeed. To me, that is him actually doing everything wrong rather than nothing wrong and if that is, as I suspect, the attitude that he has, then as a central midfielder especially, it's completely unforgivable and exactly the reason why every team he's started in has been knocking around the bottom of the league. As a footballer he's worthless imo, I wouldn't have him in any team.