Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pleased that this useless prick misses the next game. Labelling him a nothing player is generous.

The one positive from today.

Getting two of our central midfielders suspended?

This leaves us with 3 options:

1) Play a random reserve player with no league experience

2) Play a semi fit player returning from injury - popular forum option this

3) Play someone out of position (Ameobi! or Goufran in centre mid...) - another popular forum option

and also means that Tiote is guaranteed to start alongside Anita and whoever else. Finally we'll have a creative midfield...

I said 'one positive' IE applicable only to Colback.

Guest optimistic nit

Pleased that this useless prick misses the next game. Labelling him a nothing player is generous.

3) Play someone out of position (Ameobi! or Goufran in centre mid...) - another popular forum option

and also means that Tiote is guaranteed to start alongside Anita and whoever else. Finally we'll have a creative midfield...

So you'd prefer Goufran or Ameobi in centre mid next week then alongside Tiote and Anita?

So you'd prefer Goufran or Ameobi in centre mid next week then alongside Tiote and Anita?

No. I'd prefer Sissoko not to be suspended and for Colback to not play for us. Colback being out is no loss at all. He adds nothing unique to the team at all. Not sure why you're having such difficulty understanding this.

Guest optimistic nit

No. I'd prefer Sissoko not to be suspended and for Colback to not play for us. Colback being out is no loss at all. He adds nothing unique to the team at all. Not sure why you're having such difficulty understanding this.

Because I disagree mate. Colbeck does a lot of running and when I've watched him most of his passes reach a newcastle player. This makes him prefferable to both Tiote and Anita.

Guest optimistic nit

'does a lot of running'? :lol:

It's literally all he does. He chases a lot and intercepts sometimes, so fans like him. Ignoring the fact he's fucking terrible on the ball which is kinda important for a central midfielder.

haha me excused, which fans like him exactly?

Honestly if we had a better option than him to play in centre mid, then brilliant, but I can't think of anyone. Colback Abeid and Sissoko have been our 3 best midfielders this season.

Abeid, Sissoko and De Jong is the way forward. I'd have Anita ahead of Colback as well. I don't see any thing worth while about Colback. All midfielders 'do a lot of running'. That's the nature of their position. Tiote is fair enough. He's a liability who is most likely going to be sold any way since he's 29 and therefore almost dead.

It's literally all he does. He chases a lot and intercepts sometimes, so fans like him. Ignoring the fact he's fucking terrible on the ball which is kinda important for a central midfielder.

Honestly if we had a better option than him to play in centre mid, then brilliant, but I can't think of anyone. Colback Abeid and Sissoko have been our 3 best midfielders this season.

Pretty much any fan of Alan Pardew is also a fan of Jack Colback.

Also if you went to school with him as he was a canny lad.

Pretty much any fan of Alan Pardew is also a fan of Jack Colback.

Also if you went to school with him as he was a canny lad.

Aye. He's pretty fly for a ginge guy.

Why do our fans literally everywhere give him incredible amounts of praise, you would honestly think he was having the same effect as a Speed or a Lee the way they bang on, even my mates who I consider to have a good NUFC knowledge all spout the same shit about his performances and what he does for the team, the reasons mostly always boil down to that "gives 100%" every game, if that was the requirement of a worthwhile player I'd be up front.

It's because he's local. Some people also think he's a 'legend' for leaving the Mackems to come here. He's also one of those players who takes no risks so doesn't necessarily do any thing dreadful that sticks in the memory like players who actually try to make things happen.