Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing player.  If the team does alright he looks decent, if the teams does s*** he looks s***.  That's because he contributes f*** all apart from making up the numbers.

He's like a bland, tasteless sauce.

:lol: thats hiludicrous

From what I could see, for the second half Colback was doing what Tiote used to do....win the ball and pass it to someone more technically able. Quite what Tiote was doing is another matter.

He seems to have that through ball button from N64 Pro Evo pressed all the time, it's actually quite impressive how good he's been at that.

http://i.imgur.com/vncZ8J3.gif

He's that guy on Football manager who will get you the average 6/10 every week without really doing anything more, unless he's in good form and gets the odd 7/10.  You don't want him in there ideally, but you know he'll do a reasonable job when you're stuck, because he's unlikely to ever play a 4 or 5/10.  The problem is that for Pardew, he'll be a guaranteed starter every week and that will make sure he gets more stick than another player of the same standard would.

Guest optimistic nit

Loki's right like :lol:

I don't even think he's a bad player, that would be daft, but he's a far cry from the commanding central midfielder you need. He fills in a role because we have no-one better - maybe Abeid but we'll have to see more of him.

I see Colback as more of a standard box to box central midfielder (Rob Lee with less goals) rather than a tiote-esque DM. I definately think he has a role in this team because he is decent if not spectacular both defensively and offensively, which is useful in a 3 man midfield with a good DM and a more able offensive midfielder like Sissoko. What we need is a Tiote replacement in addition to Colback.

I really like Colback ! He's not a spectacular player i grant you but he just does the simple things very very well i.e. he's an intelligent player, presses the opposition superbly well, collects the ball very well, passes very well, his positioning is excellent and tackles very well. Really was brilliant yesterday and has been most of the season.

Ok to improve he could do with adding more goals to his game, thats the only thing missing really and i think they will come in time. He gets in the right positions especially for a defensive midfield player and i think he's capable of adding that to his game.

I don't even think he's a bad player, that would be daft, but he's a far cry from the commanding central midfielder you need. He fills in a role because we have no-one better - maybe Abeid but we'll have to see more of him.

I see Colback as more of a standard box to box central midfielder (Rob Lee with less goals) rather than a tiote-esque DM. I definately think he has a role in this team because he is decent if not spectacular both defensively and offensively, which is useful in a 3 man midfield with a good DM and a more able offensive midfielder like Sissoko. What we need is a Tiote replacement in addition to Colback.

He's here already. Abeid.

Our best midfield this season has been Abeid, Colback and Sissoko. It works, and we should go with it every time all 3 are fit for selection.

I would say he's one of very few consistant performers in the team. You know what you get from him. Nothing spectacular, but a hard worker and a great passer of the ball. Let him do his work in the middle and build creative players around him to create.

Guest optimistic nit

He's here already. Abeid.

Our best midfield this season has been Abeid, Colback and Sissoko. It works, and we should go with it every time all 3 are fit for selection.

He's only played a handful of games but I'd agree that he has definately shown in those that he could be up to the role. Hopefully he will be the Tiote replacement.

Guest optimistic nit

So someone has never watched Rob Lee play before.

Well I was about 12 when he retired but my memory of him was that he was a box to box central midfielder who wasn't purely a creative attacking midfielder or a DM, which is essentially what Colback is.

If Abeid keeps his form up then we just don't need him for a lot of games. Abeid - Sissoko with 4 others ahead.

With this. De Jong as the #10, Aarons Wide Left, and 2 of Cabella, Ayoze, and Cisse.

I'd take that whole midfield really, either with Batty or Clark depending on what anyone prefers.  There's no way any of our current wingers hold a candle to Ginola and Gillespie.  They knew how to provide service and Rob Lee was a driving force for the whole team.

I can't believe Colback is being compared to him really.