Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't dislike him TBH, he is what he is. He puts everything in, the output is just average. I'm not against having some players in the team that add graft and spirit, it would just be nice if he was a better footballer.

I don't dislike him either, being ginger or ex-mackem is his cross to bear, I couldn't give a shit. But as a central midfielder he's got a couple of weaknesses that you can't get away with in premier football. He's not physically imposing and he's slow. Is being neat and tidy and having a decent left foot good enough to make up for that? I don't think so. I have the same doubts about Anita FWIW, but I think he's a bit quicker.

Colback wishes he was 10% of what Milner is.

Milner always had the tools to be a top player, the question marks were whether he had the hunger. With Colback it's the other way round. He's eager enough but he's too slow to be a box to box player and he hasn't exactly got Gazza like skills to make up for it.

Really? Never heard that before mind.

Guest firetotheworks

Cronky loves defending anyone who's banged to rights for being shit and/or a cunt. Owen, Colback, Pardew, probably Souness if we look back far enough.

Colback is absolutely bang average. He's like one of the quiet ones on The Apprentice who cry "I didn't do anything wrong!", to which someone always retorts "You didn't DO anything!"

I don't like The Apprentice, but this analogy is sound.

Milner always had the tools to be a top player, the question marks were whether he had the hunger. With Colback it's the other way round. He's eager enough but he's too slow to be a box to box player and he hasn't exactly got Gazza like skills to make up for it.

Exactly. Milner has brilliant hunger and application just lacks top level ability. Classic Man Utd. squad player Ji-Sung Park & Fletcher type. In fact, he's better than both at their peak I believe.

Exactly. Milner has brilliant hunger and application just lacks top level ability. Classic Man Utd. squad player Ji-Sung Park & Fletcher type. In fact, he's better than both at their peak I believe.

Yeah, always thought it was more about ability with Milner than anything else, nothing to do with hunger.

I think he's got a confidence problem. If he can sort that out, he'll be ok.

I do like how he tries to get in the box and other scoring positions. Its always good to see things like that.

Think he's played well these last three games if I'm being fair. Would love to see him get four or five goals.

Yeah, always thought it was more about ability with Milner than anything else, nothing to do with hunger.

I always thought that someone who could strike a ball as well as he could should have been scoring a lot more goals when he was here. He always struck me as a player who at the time didn't quite believe in his own ability as much as he should.

Genuinely done well recently. Couldn't give a f*** if he doesn't contribute in the final third if his presence gives Sissoko even more licence to do his thing. Sad, but not unexpected, that some people can't acknowledge as much.

:thup:

His recent performances have seen him live up to the high standards he set for himself with that all-action display he put in against Man City at home, earlier in the season.

Genuinely done well recently. Couldn't give a f*** if he doesn't contribute in the final third if his presence gives Sissoko even more licence to do his thing. Sad, but not unexpected, that some people can't acknowledge as much.

:thup:

His recent performances have seen him live up to the high standards he set for himself with that all-action display he put in against Man City at home, earlier in the season.

:lol:

Guest optimistic nit

Pleased that this useless prick misses the next game. Labelling him a nothing player is generous.

:lol: can't wait to see who his replacement will be.

Guest optimistic nit

Pleased that this useless prick misses the next game. Labelling him a nothing player is generous.

The one positive from today.

Getting two of our central midfielders suspended?

This leaves us with 3 options:

1) Play a random reserve player with no league experience

2) Play a semi fit player returning from injury - popular forum option this

3) Play someone out of position (Ameobi! or Goufran in centre mid...) - another popular forum option

and also means that Tiote is guaranteed to start alongside Anita and whoever else. Finally we'll have a creative midfield...