Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I am sorry like but Colback is a better player than Anita.  I have yet to see anything from Anita that makes him get the adulation he receives on this board. 

You should be sorry, because you're wrong.

I am sorry like but Colback is a better player than Anita.  I have yet to see anything from Anita that makes him get the adulation he receives on this board. 

He doesn't receive adulation at all. People just recognise that he's a really clever and intelligent footballer who will never show what he is capable of because of the way Pardew has us setup.

Colback on the other hand is a player perfectly suited to the way we play under Pardew. Constantly under pressure, being told to just basically run around and get stuck in where you can. It's fucking archaic man.

I am sorry like but Colback is a better player than Anita.

I see this said a lot but no-one ever gives actual reasons for this opinion.

Anita isn't a hardworking local lad who "gets stuck in", which apparently what gets you the plaudits nowadays. Next year scoring for the Ballon D'or is going to be based on 10% actual footballing achievement, 90% gets-stuck-in-ometer rating.

I am sorry like but Colback is a better player than Anita.

I see this said a lot but no-one ever gives actual reasons for this opinion.

Anita isn't a hardworking local lad who "gets stuck in", which apparently what gets you the plaudits nowadays. Next year scoring for the Ballon D'or is going to be based on 10% actual footballing achievement, 90% gets-stuck-in-ometer rating.

Catts for me like

Embarrassing that Cattermole actually outplayed him (even though he should have had two yellows and been off).

Not like that wasn't predictable. Poyet already said Cattermole was the better player and Jack obliged with his invisible man act performance.

This.

Very surprised you think this way. Enjoy Jackie's derby performance?

Quite the shock wasn't it :lol:

I reckon I might hate people.

Guest firetotheworks

This.

Quelle fucking surprise.

Embarrassing that Cattermole actually outplayed him (even though he should have had two yellows and been off).

bossed him, was horrible to see. Abeid would have swatted the c*** aside

The way Abeid handled Man City & Liverpool suggest the same to anyone with eyes. But naw, Senor Fuck face who manages us would rather throw in his shit slow terrible enforcer to get shown for being a poor footballer incapable of handling a big match who's only picked on how he played his first season for us.

Games have passed Anita by, I can't deny that, but his upside is way way beyond that of Shithouse Jack. Anita needs to play, week-in, week-out, for a couple of months. But obviously that won't happen with old greasy cunt in the dugout.

He was absolutely shite in the derby. Having said that, Anita does basically the same job Colback does but without the same level of defensive input. Ideally we'd have better, but we don't.

http://www.utd111.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/abeid.jpg

Aye, hopefully Mehdi is the answer.

Guest firetotheworks

Games have passed Anita by, I can't deny that, but his upside is way way beyond that of Shithouse Jack. Anita needs to play, week-in, week-out, for a couple of months. But obviously that won't happen with old greasy cunt in the dugout.

You play him in a three or not at all basically, but the answer that is to play him in a three rather than having Jack fucking Colback starting for us. He's a squad player at best. He has no redeeming qualities at all, he's just average at every single thing.

Anita wants to play a possession game, that's what he's done all his career. Short passing in midfield, keep the ball moving.

Our manager and coaching staff are on record as saying they don't want us to have the ball. It doesn't take a great many brain cells to work out why he's persona non grata.

Colback's the complete opposite. You don't really want the ball when he's in the team. Because he's shit with it. He was really good when the mackems played Chelsea and Man City at the end of last season. He was good when we played Chelsea. He was usually good when they played Man City. The common theme is that he's utterly without merit if you have any intention whatsoever to actually play football, rather than spoil the game because your team is crap.

The common theme is that he's utterly without merit if you have any intention whatsoever to actually play football, rather than spoil the game because your team is crap.

Which is why he's an ever present when available - a perfect Pardew player if there ever was one.  All bluster and zero skill to have to worry about.

Guest firetotheworks

Have you ever seen a player run around like a tit after opposition players more than him? I can't think of anyone we've had that's been like that. Just zipping about trying to win it back, no real care for positioning, just go and try and get the ball like a dog after a tennis ball.

Anita looks a lot quicker over 10 yds as well. They both have the problem that over bigger distances they just don't have the legs to play a box to box game, but this is where Abeid trumps them both.

He was absolutely shite in the derby. Having said that, Anita does basically the same job Colback does but without the same level of defensive input. Ideally we'd have better, but we don't.

:lol: ah man, such a basic view.

One day I hope to develop a better understanding of the game.