Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Being objective it's a decent signing tbh

Care to take a stab at why? A few people are saying this then avoiding any follow up questions.

Yup, I asked about his strengths but got radio silence.

Care to take a stab at why? A few people are saying this then avoiding any follow up questions.

You're clearly just not paying attention:

He said "he'll put his foot in"

He's a decent option to have in the pack. Good left foot, can pass a ball or even score with a nice finish, will get stuck in, have a bit of passion. My standards aren't every high at the moment I will take some basic attributes that can make a useful squad player.

He's a decent option to have in the pack. Good left foot, can pass a ball or even score with a nice finish, will get stuck in, have a bit of passion. My standards aren't every high at the moment I will take some basic attributes that can make a useful squad player.

I must have watched a different jack Colback

I was just making myself a nice cup of rooibos tea in the kitchen (caffeine free, full of anti oxidants) and found myself wondering, as I slowly nudged the tea bag around the cup, if it was worth asking a bookie for a price on both Villa and Newcastle to go down next season.

Yeh well we have been moaning all season about this gutless bunch, we might have a bit of fight now.

I'm not satisfied whatsoever by this in the grand scheme of things but it's not the end of the world

Guest bimpy474

I know footballer are paid mental but whenever i read only £6,000 a week, ffs it's insulting.

I was just making myself a nice cup of rooibos tea in the kitchen (caffeine free, full of anti oxidants) and found myself wondering, as I slowly nudged the tea bag around the cup, if it was worth asking a bookie for a price on both Villa and Newcastle to go down next season.

Simultaneously  :milner: and  :notbad:

If, and I'm very doubtful, West Ham were offering 50k a week and he still decided to come here he must desperately want to play for us. I'm just not very bothered about who we sign, I have no faith in the manager to get any sort of performances from our players. Still I think he's a decent squad signing, better than Gosling (what heights to aspire to, eh?).

I was under the impression he'd already signed some sort of agreement with us before West Ham supposedly came in. So I doubt those wages claims make any difference.

Hasn't he played at left back a lot for Sunderland - or at least at full back which was an issue because he wanted to play in midfield.  Pardew will have a fourth choice for LB now.

I seem to remember Alan Shearer celebrating like mad when he scored against us for Blackburn.

I'm certain Shearer had been out for a year after smashing his knee and came off the bench that day to score!

Decent left foot, competitive, good engine and awareness. I think I mentioned this in a few previous posts. He's far better technically than the other ginger cunt we've been linked with, Sidwell who I  have always considered  a clogger with an eye for goal.