Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest The_Optimistic

He's a good player, better than some of the players we have.

No he aint and no he aint.  :crazy2:

he's not better than anita or sissoko, nor is he more influential being a DM than tiote, so who exactly is he better than?

Colback is better than Sissoko and Anita IMO, and he'll be more reliable than Tiote but not as influential as you said.

he's not better than anita or sissoko, nor is he more influential being a DM than tiote, so who exactly is he better than?

Colback is better than Sissoko and Anita IMO, and he'll be more reliable than Tiote but not as influential as you said.

Never seen a more fitting username.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Really? Some of our fans are fucking clueless. Better than Moussa and Vurn at doing what exactly? Slow, doesn't score much, doesn't assist much. He's more one footed than long john silver! But being left footed he'll no doubt have a 'wand' of a left foot or a 'cultured' left foot. He is the epitome of bang average England players. At 24, he's about 2 u21 caps and is nowhere near the England squad. I'll be absolutely gutted if this is Cabaye's replacement.

Guest reefatoon

Never seen a more fitting username.

?? He isn't called crazy cunt?

Madness

wat. Sissoko is probably the best player we own that actually plays

Free transfer, hope he just seen as Gosling's replacement . then ok  . But do not see him been an improvement on Anita or Tiote.

Why the fuck do we need a replacement for gosling?

Guest bimpy474

Free transfer, hope he just seen as Gosling's replacement . then ok  . But do not see him been an improvement on Anita or Tiote.

Why the fuck do we need a replacement for gosling?

Because Gosling replaced Hatem.

Would probably put Colback waaaaay behind Sissoko in terms of ability.

However whilst I don't doubt his effort and ability, Anita has been a chocolate teapot playing in our team in the PL. I think Colback is an upgrade there if we have to accept that the team is not going to change for Anita's benefit.

We also have to remember that to have a full squad we need 8 homegrown players - the club are so limited in that respect that Ryan Taylor was in our registered squad last season! So players like Colback on a free are very handy to have.

He isn't a Cabaye replacement. I hope people aren't going to judge to that high standard. He will take Goslings place in the squad with the plus of him being competent at full back.

He hasn't been shite for Sunderland, and it wasn't just a purple patch last season. Until his roles in the derby wins, he was seen as a mag cunt and they judged him accordingly. He has always been solid for them. Ipswich too.

Why are we hooked on someone being Gosling's replacement? When you put out a fire what do you replace it with?

Whatever structure originally burned down?  Or grass or something if it was on a field?  Or maybe a monument to fire if it was Sunderland that burned down?

Guest bimpy474

He isn't a Cabaye replacement. I hope people aren't going to judge to that high standard. He will take Goslings place in the squad with the plus of him being competent at full back.

He hasn't been shite for Sunderland, and it wasn't just a purple patch last season. Until his roles in the derby wins, he was seen as a mag cunt and they judged him accordingly. He has always been solid for them. Ipswich too.

He isn't a Cabaye replacement in ability, but the fear is he is a Cabaye replacement in body. Not to doubt you but can't you see that scenario, we tried but at least we got Jack over the line.

Honestly i see Colback as Cabaye's replacement in the squad (number wise), and watching us attempt to sign decent players for a pittance again, well conclusions will be drawn.

He isn't a Cabaye replacement in ability, but the fear is he is a Cabaye replacement in body. Not to doubt you but can't you see that scenario, we tried but at least we got Jack over the line.

Honestly i see Colback as Cabaye's replacement in the squad (number wise), and watching us attempt to sign decent players for a pittance again, well conclusions will be drawn.

I don't think we have much intention to replace Cabaye going from the usual lowball bids for Cabella. If he's so good, you pay the extra, we're fannying around as usual. We will likely move on to Grenier soon and do the same.

Colback will be here to make up a squad place and offer good cover for Anita and Santon.

I don't like to use the words hard working cos they have a negative connotation on here, but he's about as genuine and honest a professional footballer that you'll come across. He lacks quality in the final third, that's why he's on a free and relatively low wages, but he plays a good part in the build up and offers good cover defensively.

I don't like speaking on this signing too much as some of the comments are overly harsh and I know people are upset over it. I don't wanna be seen as a troll, I'm just offering my view.

He's better than Tiote. He's athletic, quick, good on the ball. He can dribble without it bouncing off his shin and he can play more than a little tippy tap pass back to whoever he got it from so he's better than Tiote for me. Tiote does nothing defensively so I'll judge him on his skills on the ball, which aren't good.

He's better than Tiote. He's athletic, quick, good on the ball. He can dribble without it bouncing off his shin and he can play more than a little tippy tap pass back to whoever he got it from so he's better than Tiote for me. Tiote does nothing defensively so I'll judge him on his skills on the ball, which aren't good.

He's not like.

I long for the day that I don't see Tiote launching cross field balls that don't find their target or give us momentum. It's always a shitty pass or a good pass that puts the player under pressure. Either way, it's stupid and he should have stopped doing it ages ago. When Tiote starts making forward passes, I'll view him differently. Until then, he's a Pirlo-wannabe who thinks he's hard but consistently commits stupid fouls.

Colback is a different player but a better player.

aye that's all well and good slating the lad tiote after 3 years of being pardewed within an inch of his fucking mohawk, we'll see where colback is after a few months of it shall we?  wonder how athletic he'll look standing still watching the ball fly over his head and waiting to see if ross mccormack can score a goal on his own from 30 yards out

fucking colback man