Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

what a prick taking the piss out of colo.

Hatem couldn't imitate Colo without some sort of sick mask.

Christ, you go for absolutely everything when you don't like a player :lol:

Daveed has an obvious love of the game and an obvious love for us. I think there is a bit of Keegan in him, the way he talks, he would easily sell the club to a potential signing in the way Keegan did. If Ashley was going to make a change, and wanted a gamble, then I would be well up for Ginola taking over. Unfortunately that's just not going to happen is it.

Daveed has an obvious love of the game and an obvious love for us. I think there is a bit of Keegan in him, the way he talks, he would easily sell the club to a potential signing in the way Keegan did. If Ashley was going to make a change, and wanted a gamble, then I would be well up for Ginola taking over. Unfortunately that's just not going to happen is it.

I'd rather get someone in with some sort of track record of being a good football manager. Beardsley and Shearer talk about the club with a twinkle in their eye, as does Souness about Liverpool. Means fuck all.

I'd rather get someone in with some sort of track record of being a good football manager. Beardsley and Shearer talk about the club with a twinkle in their eye, as does Souness about Liverpool. Means fuck all.

I'm just saying he reminds me of Keegan who didnt turn out too bad did he?

Give me someone with optimism and positivity.  Someone with passion and pride.  It could be Ginola, it could be Ketsbaia, it could be the bloke who makes the pies.  Someone who can inspire and excite, that's all I ask.

Honestly think Shearer has it in him to be a decent manager. Would rather he proved himself somewhere else than at Newcastle, but still.

Gets paid a silly amount of money just to sit in a comfy chair at the bbc with no pressure.  Get real man he's never going to be a decent manager.

I don't really see any reason that Shearer would make a good manager. He's not charismatic, he hasn't achieved that much in terms of honours and from his MOTD appearances he doesn't know a great deal about football either. I love him and he's a legend, but still.

Honestly think Shearer has it in him to be a decent manager. Would rather he proved himself somewhere else than at Newcastle, but still.

Gets paid a silly amount of money just to sit in a comfy chair at the bbc with no pressure.  Get real man he's never going to be a decent manager.

His current job has no bearing on his potential ability as a manager. I said I think he has the potential, but obviously he'd need to decide to go for the profession and get a club. He obviously won't drop down to the Championship/League 1 to prove himself though so we'll never know. I think however that if he did try, he'd at least be decent.

Shearer will never make a good manager, he doesn't have it in him.

I don't get this. Because he failed at keeping a sinking ship afloat with eight games available? Not that I'd necissarily want him as manager of Newcastle, but I think it's more likely that he'd be a decent manager than not if he actually bothered to try. We'll never know though, so either way it's just opinion.