Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Me and Ste were there when he scored that goal against Bolton. All game he had been making runs and instead of passing to players in a better position he just ran into trouble with it. I was there shouting for him to pass, until he made the last little chip to set himself up to finish it.

The trouble with him that as much as I loved him, towards the end of his career here he was always running into trouble instead of passing.

He leaves with fond memories for me and I wish him all the best, I think we saw the best anyone will see out of him, but by no means was that his full potential, shame honestly.

Remember how I told you to shut the fuck up from the very start of the run? Everyone around us seemed to be groaning at him and telling him to pass, but I knew something special was going to happen. Seemed to have loads of momentum and adrenaline behind him from the moment he picked the ball up.

Shame how it turned out but he's not blameless.

Me and Ste were there when he scored that goal against Bolton. All game he had been making runs and instead of passing to players in a better position he just ran into trouble with it. I was there shouting for him to pass, until he made the last little chip to set himself up to finish it.

The trouble with him that as much as I loved him, towards the end of his career here he was always running into trouble instead of passing.

He leaves with fond memories for me and I wish him all the best, I think we saw the best anyone will see out of him, but by no means was that his full potential, shame honestly.

Remember how I told you to shut the f*** up from the very start of the run? Everyone around us seemed to be groaning at him and telling him to pass, but I knew something special was going to happen. Seemed to have loads of momentum and adrenaline behind him from the moment he picked the ball up.

Shame how it turned out but he's not blameless.

Good points.

I'm french so his return seems to be a good news for me ( 31 Jan Metz vs Nice, I'll be there  :frantic: )

So why am I still sad that he leaves the Toons... ?

For many reasons but especially because I thought that at times he was like " the prince of St-James Park " but this times is over now  :'(

Guest firetotheworks

Something about Hatem makes people talk utter rubbish, like. On both sides of the argument.

Ronaldo, there - the voice of reason.

There's obviously going to be hyperbole from both sides, but unless you're striving to provide unneeded 'balance', like we saw every day with people for the case of Alan Pardew, then I cannot see why you wouldn't look at his spell here as nothing other than brilliant when he played, but ultimately a massive disaster purely down to the arsehole in charge.

"He looked a bit fat once though!" So fuck, he should have been playing.

"But he was difficult!" So fuck, he should have been playing.

"But other managers..." So fuck, he should have been playing.

"But Ashley will just bring in another puppet!" So fuck, he's not good enough.

Had a little pop at Pardew in his press conference

I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.

Had a little pop at Pardew in his press conference

I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.

Fucking hero.