Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Pardew talks about "mavericks" as if it's something he's read about in a book. "Listen, I'm a football manager and in football there's somefing called mavericks. There's different types, the A's, the B's and the C's. I can manage them all. Except with Ben Aaaafa I couldn't. Not my fault though, obviously."

Erm, he doesn't explain why?

:lol: Exactly. That f***ing heading; "Alan Pardew on why 'maverick' Hatem Ben Arfa was 'impossible' to manage at Newcastle" Not a word on "why" in the article.

TBF it's more the paper's fault for stuffing their website with absolute bilge.

“It hasn’t happened many times in my career and I don’t think it will happen with Ade.

“He doesn’t strike me as that type, he strikes me as a player that needs to have faith.

“I am expressing that to him at this time because I do believe in him.

“I like big players, big characters. They don’t scare me, they don’t frighten me.

“He (Adebayor) doesn’t scare me. I really like him. I think he is a good guy.

“(And) he does some good things that don’t get talked about.”

It'd be glorious if Adebayor just whooped his ass one day.

Guest firetotheworks

Canny funny how many times he mentions that he's not scared or frightened. Just needed an 'honestly' at the end for good measure.

• 2 weeks later...

That was a poor match from Nice untill the moment he came in. Then everything changed. The adversaries focused on him, and freed space for other Nice players. Besides, HBA's performance was a very good one.