Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

People always talk about the goals vs Blackburn and Bolton, but I remember the stoke game (3-0 at home) where the ball was switched to his side and the left back was closing him down quickly, he trapped the ball magnificently and played it ahead of Danny Simpson to run onto in one fluid movement . Simply Jizztastic!

Remember this so well. That trap from a high, travelling crossfield pass was something you rarely see. Just killed it under his boot. Absolutely stunning.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

People always talk about the goals vs Blackburn and Bolton, but I remember the stoke game (3-0 at home) where the ball was switched to his side and the left back was closing him down quickly, he trapped the ball magnificently and played it ahead of Danny Simpson to run onto in one fluid movement . Simply Jizztastic!

Remember this so well. That trap from a high, travelling crossfield pass was something you rarely see. Just killed it under his boot. Absolutely stunning.

Think it was Tiote's pass but the gasp from the crowd said it all, in the current team maybe only Perez comes close who is capable of something like that.

Think it was Tiote's pass but the gasp from the crowd said it all, in the current team maybe only Perez comes close who is capable of something like that.

Aye, vividly remember that and the collective gasp from the crowd, it was brilliant.

I daresay someone, somewhere will give him another chance, but it's rather telling that when he finally got his opportunity at a club of the size that his talent deserves, he still messed up.

He's talked himself about his problems with authority, and it looks like that was stronger than his will-power to reach the very top, where indeed he should be playing.

I've long thought that he needed a psychiatrist more than a coach.

I think it's the other way round.  He doesn't know how to play as a squad player.  He only know how to play as a key player with all the others supporting him like @ Nice.  It could be down to coaching or lack of personal interest to adapt.  For teams like PSG, why would they treat HBA as their only sweet prince?

"Hatem Ben Arfa all skills for NUFC 2010-2014"

On Youtube. Terrible music, but 13 minutes of sheer joy.

The thing that strikes me when watching that is how his dribbling often looks like it's right on the verge of breaking down, which is why he's so elusive and scintillating to watch. It broke down quite a bit, of course, but that's part and parcel of a creative player imo.

Foot placement around the ball does that, along with upper body movements. If he had done that against a 5 year old, he'd have been tackled as the kid wouldn't know what he was looking at.  :lol: