Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Glad we've got Thauvan and Cabella to come back instead. And to think we managed to sign the pair of them for £25m whilst letting Ben Arfa go for nowt. Charnley/Carr/Moncur certainly know their stuff.

Can't you see how fat he is man?

There goes Hoddle with the tired old fallacies. 'He'll often drive you mad as a coach but he's got a bit of magic' etc etc

I think he's been more than fair and praising of him tbh.

It's still a lazy platitude though. He wouldn't drive me mad as a coach, I'd love that he tries to make things happen. That's what sport is about for me.

There goes Hoddle with the tired old fallacies. 'He'll often drive you mad as a coach but he's got a bit of magic' etc etc

It's exactly the type of criticism Hoddle was subjected to himself, so it's fair enough.

It's still a lazy platitude though. He wouldn't drive me mad as a coach, I'd love that he tries to make things happen. That's what sport is about for me.

Hoddle has said as much himself. He's said he's worth the 1 or 2 misplaced passes for the one that comes off.

Hoddle has said as much himself. He's said he's worth the 1 or 2 misplaced passes for the one that comes off.

Fair enough. I missed that bit.