Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Just seen this earlier today. Not good. Wish he'd just stayed at Nice.

Hatem Ben Arfa must show hard work to return to PSG side - Unai Emery

Hatem Ben Arfa has been warned he must work harder to force his way back into the Paris Saint-Germain side after being dropped by coach Unai Emery.

The mercurial midfielder earned a surprise move to the Ligue 1 champions this summer after rebuilding his troubled career with a standout season for Nice last campaign, but his spell in the capital has had a rocky start.

Though he scored in the 4-1 win over Lyon in the Trophee des Champions and started the first Ligue 1 match of the season at Bastia, he was substituted in that match and has since played only a handful of minutes off the bench.

For a player who endured miserable spells with Newcastle and Hull prior to joining Nice, there are fears his hot and cold career could be heading for another barren spell.

Emery said there was every chance for Ben Arfa to make a success of his time with PSG, but he must work for it.

"He has played in every game," Emery told RMC in France. "Sometimes more, sometimes less, but he has played every time.

"He needs to work to improve himself so that if he plays a good 10 minutes, he can play 20 minutes the next time and so on.

"This is the process. He has to work hard and have the right mentality."

As a Frenchman I can say that this lad's opinion is not representative of what French people think in general.

Rightly or wrongly (I think wrongly), Ben Arfa's fate at Newcastle is not seen as a failure from your club, nor from Pardew, but more as the predictable outcome regarding Ben Arfa's bad temper, and his record of unkept promises at Marseille, with the the French Squad, and then with Hull City. The anomaly is what he's done with Nice, and people still expect him to fail at PSG.

Sits back and waits for the spotty teenagers to savage...

Too busy talking about Taylor and Besty marra.

As a Frenchman I can say that this lad's opinion is not representative of what French people think in general.

Rightly or wrongly (I think wrongly), Ben Arfa's fate at Newcastle is not seen as a failure from your club, nor from Pardew, but more as the predictable outcome regarding Ben Arfa's bad temper, and his record of unkept promises at Marseille, with the the French Squad, and then with Hull City. The anomaly is what he's done with Nice, and people still expect him to fail at PSG.

Sits back and waits for the spotty teenagers to savage...

I assume this is innuendo.

There was a chance at the weekend that he should have buried but aside from that he wasn't bad at all. PSG have looked abysmal so far and Emery is seemingly laying some of the blame at his door. He benched Cavani and di Maria and started Jese up top, FFS. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

He's a NUFC player basically, his level is at a club where mercurial talents can excel. Well it it wasn't for fucking Pardew that is. He should have stayed at Nice!

There was a chance at the weekend that he should have buried but aside from that he wasn't bad at all. PSG have looked abysmal so far and Emery is seemingly laying some of the blame at his door. He benched Cavani and di Maria and started Jese up top, FFS. :lol:

Exactly this.  His attacking play was pretty average, but you couldn't fault his work rate or positioning off the ball.

PSG look rudderless at the moment.