Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Again the question has to be - what would Robson or Keegan have done?

Ben Arfa wasn't as badly behaved as Dyer or Bellamy yet it is more talented than the both of them. Both aforementioned managers would have built their teams around him.

Bellamy and Dyer were consistently better than him (when on the pitch).

I don't think Hatem would've got into the Keegan side. He'd take Solano's place in the Bobby side but by no means would the team be more geared to him than Shearer, Bellamy or Robert.

Cabaye, Ba, Collocini, Enrique, Debuchy can compare but there's no doubt in my mind that he would be head and shoulders the best player we've had in a decade had he not been managed by a complete fuckwit.

Thing is though, he's had similar problems/shortcomings his whole career. Yes, Pardew is a fuckwit, and yes it's possible that a manager with the right outlook and man-management skills would make him a superstar (he'd be fantastic under Keegan, for example) but it's not an easy task, as proved by several other managers.

Ben Arfa wasn't as badly behaved as Dyer or Bellamy yet it is more talented than the both of them. Both aforementioned managers would have built their teams around him.

I don't think Hatem would've got into the Keegan side. He'd take Solano's place in the Bobby side but by no means would the team be more geared to him than Shearer, Bellamy or Robert.

Not sure consistency is a fair comparison tbh. HBA's consistency levels would undoubtedly be higher under a Keegan or a Robson and Dyer wouldn't have been as consistent (which wasn't exactly one of his strengths) under Pardew.

I dunno about best player as you can argue the likes of Cabaye are more rounded footballers but Ben Arfa's the most naturally talented we've had in the last decade by a mile IMO. The way the club is ran we wont get another player like him falling into our lap any time soon. Terribly frustrating and depressing situation all round.

I dunno about best player as you can argue the likes of Cabaye are more rounded footballers but Ben Arfa's the most naturally talented we've had in the last decade by a mile IMO. The way the club is ran we wont get another player like him falling into our lap any time soon. Terribly frustrating and depressing situation all round.

:thup:

Ben Arfa wasn't as badly behaved as Dyer or Bellamy yet it is more talented than the both of them.

Bellamy was way more effective, for sure and for a period he was probably our most important player. Dyer had similar problems to HBA I guess. But then neither of them has/had the status Ben Arfa seem to have amongst Newcastle supporters, despite doing way more for the team (Bellamy).

Bellamy and Dyer were cunts and make Ben Arfa look like a saint in comparison, yet they were managed because they were key players. You don't ostracise your most gifted players FFS.

Souness and Pardew are peas in a pod.

Guest firetotheworks

Ben Arfa would have started ahead of Gillespie and fought it out with Dyer in those teams imo.

Ben Arfa would have started ahead of Gillespie and fought it out with Dyer in those teams imo.

Dyer could play in the centre though and we had Robert and Solano on the wings. Don't think he would start.

Guest firetotheworks

Dyer could play in the centre though and we had Robert and Solano on the wings. Don't think he would start.

Yeah, I think they'd be competing when both available.

Pardew and Ben Arfa are equally responsible for this s***.  And i must say both Bellamy and Dyer are easier to manage than Hatem, at least they didnt fall out with EVERY managers they had.  Pardew is s***, for sure. How about the other managers who've managed Hatem before?

Yes this is exactly what I meant, spot on

Not sure consistency is a fair comparison tbh. HBA's consistency levels would undoubtedly be higher under a Keegan or a Robson and Dyer wouldn't have been as consistent (which wasn't exactly one of his strengths) under Pardew.

KK and Bobby would have put an arm around HBA whenever he needed it. They'd have both played to his strengths, he'd have enjoyed the style of football both played and he'd have produced a lot more consistently with them as manager because of it.

Pardew and Ben Arfa are equally responsible for this s***.  And i must say both Bellamy and Dyer are easier to manage than Hatem, at least they didnt fall out with EVERY managers they had.  Pardew is s***, for sure. How about the other managers who've managed Hatem before?

Agree with this. Pardew deserves stick for loads but a good Pro would have knuckled down and proved his manager wrong. I was at Everton for his debut and thought we had a world beater and I'd love nothing more for him to be that. Unfortunately he's not going to fulfill his full potential with us or IMO with anyone else.

I've not heard any real dressing room support for him (have heard quite a bit negative) and yes, he has been hung out to dry in some games last season, Soton away for one, however, he's a well paid professional footballer and as a paying supporter I expect more from him, he's let the fans down.

He's being made out to be a persecuted, flawed, genius and should be shown compassion and understanding to the nth degree. I'm really not sure what more the club could do. He's a grown man with a special talent and he's short changed us.

It's time to take the Rose Tinted specs off, we can't off load him when we should be beating suitors off with a shitty stick.