Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Wonder what would have been....

Riviere                                (or new st)

Cabella      De Jong      Ben Arfa

Pardew molly coddled the guy and was rewarded with nothing in return!

I  mean what the actual fuck is Stan talking about,a twat of the highest order!!!He was scapegoated at every available opportunity and when on bench chucked on with 10 mins to go expecting to get him out the shite which he did against Palace. Im almost glad he wont be in the squad now whos Pardew going to blame when hes seen for the clueless cretin he is.

To be honest I would like to see him go to Sunderland and excel, I don't like Sunderland but it would p*ss the King off no end.

As if he gives a shit if it's Sunderland or whatever team it might be.

Yes, technically he's one of the most gifted players we've had in many years but when it comes to intelligence and decision making on the pitch he's not top notch. Of course, if he would be he'd play for Barca or Real Madrid rather than Newcastle.

Guess what I'm saying is I don't really understand the reactions to all things concerning him, he's no Toon legend. I very much like him, he's an exciting player but personally I can't compare with, say, Nolberto Solano. Felt genuinely sad when he left.

We had this guy for his peak years. Again the question has to be - what would Robson or Keegan have done?

Ben Arfa wasn't as badly behaved as Dyer or Bellamy yet it is more talented than the both of them. Both aforementioned managers would have built their teams around him. Made him feel like the best player in the world. That's all that was required with him, he showed for the first time, in that 2012 5th season end product, but more than that, a willingness to finally knuckle down and make something of himself.

Pardew is a charlatan, and probably a worse manager than Souness. Anyone backing this clown over HBA really needs a reality check.

That is the real sadness, it is over what could have been and the injustice. He is still only 27 - apart from that one injury he is not a has been or overly knackered like Owen was gettting to be at that age, nor demotivated like Kluivert (who again was one of my favourites on his day).

A club that treats loyal staff like Gutierrez in such a shambolic fashion should never be backed - the club has lost its soul and class.