Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Surely Crumpy saying "He's at his level now" is as much a compliment as anything else given Nice's league position then? :lol:

Touchy motherfuckers. :lol:

Not if you look at any of his other posts regerading HBA.

It's Crumpy man :lol:

He being contrary because he doesn't like Hatem but is just totally mugging himself off in the process. He probably thought Nice were in the 3rd tier of Turkish football or something.

:lol:

Okay.

Based entirely on his form whilst at NUFC, at the very least he'd have single handedly won us at least 5 extra games imo. That's purely focusing on half the mediocre teams we've faced at St James' who we've been unable to do anything against because the likes of Sissoko, Wijnaldum, et al have gone missing and the likes of Mitrovic and Ayoze have been unable to threaten the goal properly. All we needed in some of those games was someone to pick the ball up and make something happen once to win - such was the margin for winning or losing.

It's also ignoring the fact that when he was here and given a run of games in a suitable position, he carried the team's attack, picking the ball up in his own half and beating a player or two to open up space. He acted as a magnet for the opposition players to mark him tightly. I'd imagine the likes of Townsend, Wijnaldum and Perez would find more space to exploit (and more chances coming their way) with Ben Arfa in the team.

didn't do enough defensively tbqh. will be revealed as a fraud in tougher leagues than Ligue 1

Well, he had some excellent games for us and i'd say the EPL is tougher than ligue 1.

How long is Ben Arfa's contract with Nice? Are Nice looking to cash in on him or is Ben Arfa looking to move on? He's obviously a good match with Nice. He plays all the time, is an important player for them and I imagine he is well loved there. I assume he's happy. It would be a bit of a risk for him to leave (after only one season at Nice) to go somewhere where he may not start every game. At the moment he's a big fish in a small pond. That won't necessarily be the case elsewhere.

How long is Ben Arfa's contract with Nice? Are Nice looking to cash in on him or is Ben Arfa looking to move on? He's obviously a good match with Nice. He plays all the time, is an important player for them and I imagine he is well loved there. I assume he's happy. It would be a bit of a risk for him to leave (after only one season at Nice) to go somewhere where he may not start every game. At the moment he's a big fish in a small pond. That won't necessarily be the case elsewhere.

Blv he is on a free this summer