Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

If HBA leaves I really want him to stay in the league now, seeing him perform every week would be class.

I used to feel this way, but it might be too annoying.

Imagine that Everton front four of Lukaku, Mirallas, Barkley and Ben Arfa.

Unbearable man.

:sweetjesus:

Ben Arfa would be a great signing for us, especially at the knocked down fee talked about.

Think I'll wait for a better source than the Surrey Mirror before I get too excited though. Also seems like the Atsu deal is back on now so that might change things. Personally, I think we need another midfielder and a striker even if we get Atsu.

Have you heard anything on the fee? Earlier on in the window it was said he was available for peanuts, but then recently there are claims a lot is being asked for.

I'm guessing towards the end of the window he will get flipped for whatevcer is offered, as Pardew won't want him around, and Ashley won't want him to leave for free next summer.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd like him to go to wherever makes it the most obvious that we're ran by clueless t***s.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards actively wanting him to leave now, it's fucked up.

Guest firetotheworks

Someone being shown up still requires them to look or be wounded by it though. Pardew wouldn't play Mascherano and he ended up being brilliant for Liverpool and Barcelona without Pardew thinking twice about it. The bloke's ego is impenetrable.

Someone being shown up still requires them to look or be wounded by it though. Pardew wouldn't play Mascherano and he ended up being brilliant for Liverpool and Barcelona without Pardew thinking twice about it. The bloke's ego is impenetrable.

winning HBA goal vs. us, runs over to the bench area and says something for pardew to hear...pardew reacts and gets sent off then sacked...HBA back from loan next summer

that'd do

Don't think we'd loan him out in the last year of his contract, I'm sure the club would rather accept a knock-down price of a few million so they at least get something for him

Whilst I'm sure it wouldn't be our first choice, if we're left with no alternative, it'd pay (some of) his wages for the year.

If he has to go I want him to go to Everton or somewhere similar, and absolutely smash it, and show Pardew up for the clueless mug that he is.

Tevez and Masch already have shown that over and over, and Pardew still wrote an article in defence of his treatment of those two during the World Cup, how he "always rated" them.

He doesn't learn anything.

True but he had dropped down the leagues by that point.

You only have to listen to some of his interviews to work out why pardew doesnt like him. He wants to play football, entertain, score goals, win games, never settle for a draw or defeat. Everything pardew is anti

If Ben Arfa tore it up under Martinez I'd hope the last vestige of Pardew's media image would be pulled away and everyone could clearly see the charlatan he is

Would love him to go to Everton and succeed personally.

Same, it's not like we're competing with them anyway.

If Ben Arfa tore it up under Martinez I'd hope the last vestige of Pardew's media image would be pulled away and everyone could clearly see the charlatan he is

Would love him to go to Everton and succeed personally.

Same, it's not like we're competing with them anyway.

Martinez would work wonders with him.