Liverpool 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/05/14 - Post-match reaction from page 53

BlueStar

Remember when games were mint when you were 12 & they all looked like s****. Then technology made them look far better & you get at best the same level of enjoyment?

The further something is away from your expectations the better. Once you expect it, enjoyment is limited

All I want is to be entertained, to look forward to the weekend again and not feel like we're a complete non-entity in the league. I've never been arsed about our trophy haul, the mere possibility that we can win one is enough. No way I'd sell out just to make that hope a certainty.

We'll be a non-entity for as long as Mike Ashley is here, so good luck with that.

So what did Big Geordie say on TalkSport??

Just reported that Newcastle-Online pitched in to get some banners made and that NUFC requested they don't get into Anfield.

Plus the usual 'no faith' stuff.

:icon_salut:

Crazy talk on here. We basically did what city are doing now when we were good. And outspent people. Only diff  is our benefactor was local. I'd swap in a fucking heartbeat

I'd swap what we currently are now for anything. Cannot agree that we basically did what City are doing now though, it's not even close.

All I want is to be entertained, to look forward to the weekend again and not feel like we're a complete non-entity in the league. I've never been arsed about our trophy haul, the mere possibility that we can win one is enough. No way I'd sell out just to make that hope a certainty.

For the league at least it's a certainty that we won't win it unless we're bought out by a sugar daddy. We may fluke a cup somewhere but that chance is negligible.

Total Sport

Basically I said that I have no faith in the owner and even less in the manager. Mentioned this place and said that banners had been taken down, rumours that NUFC had been in touch with Liverpool to not let any banners in. Also said that I don't believe Ashley will do what is required in the summer - he will spend as little as he can and will take 17th. Also said that I believe we will be facing a relegation battle next season, as things stand.

We'll be a non-entity for as long as Mike Ashley is here, so good luck with that.

What?

Just reported that Newcastle-Online pitched in to get some banners made and that NUFC requested they don't get into Anfield.

Plus the usual 'no faith' stuff.

:icon_salut:

Good lad. Sorry, meant TotalSport obvs.

Total Sport

Basically I said that I have no faith in the owner and even less in the manager. Mentioned this place and said that banners had been taken down, rumours that NUFC had been in touch with Liverpool to not let any banners in. Also said that I don't believe Ashley will do what is required in the summer - he will spend as little as he can and will take 17th. Also said that I believe we will be facing a relegation battle next season, as things stand.

Good work. I cant bring myself to listen to it because it just ends up boiling my piss. Same with Pardew press conferences.

Crazy talk on here. We basically did what city are doing now when we were good. And outspent people. Only diff  is our benefactor was local. I'd swap in a f***ing heartbeat

I'd swap what we currently are now for anything. Cannot agree that we basically did what City are doing now though, it's not even close.

On a reduced scale it is. We broke the transfer record FFS. All funded by our owner. What's different about it?

Man City have spent hundreds of millions of pounds and, along with a few other clubs, are responsible for UEFA actually bringing in rules to try and prevent what they're doing. They can pretty much buy who they want, it's not even close, man.

Guest firetotheworks

Crazy talk on here. We basically did what city are doing now when we were good. And outspent people. Only diff  is our benefactor was local. I'd swap in a f***ing heartbeat

We really didn't like. :lol:

That's so wrong it's unbelievable like SanToon. We had an untested manager buying unproven players at market prices. We broke the transfer record for a proven player but we built towards that and loaned the money to do so. We built and built.