Fans Forum Minutes - Spoiler: Same old s***

Guest ManDoon

Guest chopey

Our debt went from £79 million to £129 million almost overnight, I'm starting to think this story of a naive businessman not doing due diligence when buying the club was just a load of shite, it wouldn't surprise me if he bought us for a bet with one of his banker mates "I bet I can make money out of a premier league team, who's fans are the most loyal and gullible ? Newcastle ! right I'll buy them"

Entertaining football doesn't just result in increased TV revenue, it increases the global brand (could atttract that commercial revenue they are forever elusively chasing) and gets more people coming to the games. 

I don't know how they can come up with the stat's they have to justify not trying in the cups, stupid b******s.

Indeed beyind belief.

Serious question, do some of the questions get sent to "board" in advance of the meeting so they have time to prepare?

Entertaining football doesn't just result in increased TV revenue, it increases the global brand (could atttract that commercial revenue they are forever elusively chasing) and gets more people coming to the games. 

Would require initial investment to achieve, investment = risk = Portsmouth

---

The fact the club have to hand stats on how many ex-PL clubs go down from CC to L1 is staggering. Absolutely staggering.

Guest ManDoon

:lol: f***ing Mackem on Total Sport calling our support spoiled, deluded kids.

:lol: I wouldn't listen to that shit man

:lol: f***ing Mackem on Total Sport calling our support spoiled, deluded kids.

Saying we should be grateful that the club are willing to engage with the fans! :fool:  They have no choice - as it is a UEFA (or is it Premier League) requirement.  There is no way they would be doing it otherwise.

The stuff about the cup competitions is just incredible. My question for them would be, pound for pound, what is the point of a supporter attending a cup fixture at all next season? Pound for pound, why not withdraw entirely or forfeit? Why waste people's money?

They should welcome an empty stadium in the cups next season, because it would show that supporters have the same fiscally sound approach to investing in the club as it's owners and management.

Feeling a bit better about binning the ST Wullie?

100%

I'm the last person who would have thought of walking away even two years ago but howay. Nobody can justify giving their money to this lot any more.

Mark Douglas @MsiDouglas  ·  49m

Worth reading timeline of @Thomas91nufc, Fans Forum member. Unique insight

Says it all really, especially this:

Thomas ‏@Thomas91nufc  1h

@dcb72 You get the impression from Lee Charnley & John Irving that they just don't care about our concerns.

@dcb72 Nah don't worry mate. That was my last one, learned that nothing will get through to them about the more serious matters...

Mark Douglas @MsiDouglas  ·  49m

Worth reading timeline of @Thomas91nufc, Fans Forum member. Unique insight

Says it all really, especially this:

@dcb72 You get the impression from Lee Charnley & John Irving that they just don't care about our concerns.

@dcb72 Nah don't worry mate. That was my last one, learned that nothing will get through to them about the more serious matters...

Why would they? They're a couple of nobody cunts in a very cushty job given to them by dear old Mike.

The cups thing honestly makes me sick. It doesn't even make sense in a sporting level. We are not Wigan for fucks sake. I can understand a lot of the tightness and self-interested decisions Ashley makes, but to not make the players try for an extra 8 games or whatever is just pointless and sickening.

I've lived a life of getting knocked out in the 4th round, but knowing the actual plan is not to try is something else. Really awful stuff.

We should drop the FC from Newcastle United FC from now on because it's a lie. We're not a football club any more ffs. We're just a commercial arm of Sports Direct.

They treat the supporters with utter disdain and I'm pretty convinced we are seen as an inconvenience.

Absolutely sickening to read. f*** everyone involved at the club, they're all absolute w*****s who couldn't give a s*** about the club as long as their pockets are getting filled.

It truly is going away, like. Fans will keep going and Newcastle United (not NUFC) will continue to mean a great deal to the area, and I even think we'll maintain our Premier League status for years to come. But they've taken away our licence to dream, which is an absolutely integral part of being a supporter - if not the single most important part of a supporter's psyche, ahead of that 'identity/belonging' feeling.