Fans Forum Minutes - Spoiler: Same old s***

Guest ManDoon

I'm done like. This isn't the club I fell in love with as a kid. Even when we've been s*** there's always been hope about the next season, the next manager, the next top player, the next European adventure, the next glimpse of Wembley we could have. There is no hope any more, no dreams. Without hope and dreams, I am distressed to admit that this club means little more to me than any other.

No more of my money, no more of my emotion, no more of my worry and no more of my energy will be wasted on NUFC. It's dead.

Have to agree. This past 3-4months I haven't bothered looking at our games, and it's been quite a change. I never knew I could feel this little about this club. I still have hope that some day I'll get the enthusiasm to follow this club again the same way I have before, but if it wasn't for this forum I'd probably have no connections whatsoever for the club at the moment.

I got obsessed with this shit because I cared too much, everything that happend to the club did my head in. I've spent so much time worrying about Newcastle United.

I do not worry now because there's nothing to worry about. The club I worried about doesn't exist. This thing they refer to as Newcastle United, I couldn't give a flying fuck what happens to it.

It truly is going away, like. Fans will keep going and Newcastle United (not NUFC) will continue to mean a great deal to the area, and I even think we'll maintain our Premier League status for years to come. But they've taken away our licence to dream, which is an absolutely integral part of being a supporter - if not the single most important part of a supporter's psyche, ahead of that 'identity/belonging' feeling.

Great post.

Sums up my feelings exactly.

I'm done like. This isn't the club I fell in love with as a kid. Even when we've been shit there's always been hope about the next season, the next manager, the next top player, the next European adventure, the next glimpse of Wembley we could have. There is no hope any more, no dreams. Without hope and dreams, I am distressed to admit that this club means little more to me than any other.

No more of my money, no more of my emotion, no more of my worry and no more of my energy will be wasted on NUFC. It's dead.

:( :( :(

I'm done like. This isn't the club I fell in love with as a kid. Even when we've been shit there's always been hope about the next season, the next manager, the next top player, the next European adventure, the next glimpse of Wembley we could have. There is no hope any more, no dreams. Without hope and dreams, I am distressed to admit that this club means little more to me than any other.

:( :( :(

Anyone who contributes financially to the club after that systematic "fuck you" is culpable.  The club has drawn the line in the sand and your either with them or against them.

Genuinely astonished how blatant they have been about it.

Anyone who contributes financially to the club after that systematic "fuck you" is culpable.  The club has drawn the line in the sand and your either with them or against them.

Genuinely astonished how blatant they have been about it.

Yeah, if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. Full houses encourage them to do as they please, safe in the knowledge the fans will kowtow and accept whatever shite is served up every other Saturday.

These people deserve exactly what they're about to pay to the privilege of getting. Mugs. 

Just had a chance to read the minutes in full, fuck me what a depressing read that was. It just shows that they don't care about progressing or ambition all it is to them is the bottom line, they are treating us as a business and not a club. The reason people follow Football (or any sport in that matter) and support teams is the emotion the sense of belonging, the ups and the down, through thick and thin, as long as there is some end goal to try and better the club in one way or another. However, with us there is none of that, we do not strive to be the best, we do not try and win trophies, we do not try and finish as high up the league as possible, we strive for mediocrity, to be sustainable and nothing else. So what is the point in being a sports team without that passion were just an empty shell of a club, the goal should always be to succeed, no matter what league you are in, be it your local Sunday League or the Premier league, but there is none of that with us.

For me personally, fully on apathy has set in, I live the other side of the country, so it's not like I can cancel any season ticket or anything, but I have always generally made sure I have watched the game in some way, until recently, it's got to the point where I would honestly rather be at work then watch a Newcastle game. I'm no longer going to go out my way to watch the shit that is served up on a weekly basis, if it's on and I'm not doing anything I will watch it but other then that i'm done, I won't buy any merchandise, and I won't even think about shelling out for a ticket and going to a game, until that sense of ambition comes back to the club club I fell in love with.

The protest fund needs to shift to target cup games & Ashley too. Hes the route cause.  Replace Pardew, the new manager will told "no moar cup runz" It's in the DNA of the club now not just Pards.

I'm done like. This isn't the club I fell in love with as a kid. Even when we've been s*** there's always been hope about the next season, the next manager, the next top player, the next European adventure, the next glimpse of Wembley we could have. There is no hope any more, no dreams. Without hope and dreams, I am distressed to admit that this club means little more to me than any other.

Exactly this. It's not even worth fucking bothering anymore. It's like paying to see a film you hate. 19 times a year. Fuck that.

You'd have to be one sadistic personality to go and attend this shower next season, put it this way:

Your last relationship didn't end so well. You guys threatened to be good, real good. You hit the heights of backpacking around Europe and public relations but it was a whirlwind romance that ended in tears. Your new lass seems like the real deal, she's a bit mysterious, but she's totally into you. Then you find out she's cheated, you fight and while you don't completely forgive her you get on with it. This lady then decides it's time for you to meet her teenage son, you're apprehensive but what the hell? In for a penny in for a pound. Your first year as a family goes well, then you go on holiday. The holiday costs a fortune, after this you're girlfriend decides she never wants to do anything fun again, let alone go on holiday. Her son constantly reminds you of this, you can't even graze vag without the little cunt running in the room reminding you how much knocking her up would cost. Then, the bombshell, during this whole time it becomes she's been stealing from you and giving it to Derek from the office who she's had a long term affair with. Her son although appearing innocent has been covering her tracks. Then they start to ridicule you, they change your dogs name to Derek and they appoint a smelly delusional old fuck to guard your finances from his care home. They sell your BM and and replace them with a Skoda and... oh wait they never did replace that fucking watch did they? All this while her son knocks seven shades of shit out of you every weekend while telling you he'd change if science wasn't against him. You're reduced to a bored, beaten, bagunaless chump, while your mates on half your wage are having the time of their lives.

Would you stay in that relationship?!

The strategy Ashley and the board have goes against the very definition of sport. Newcastle United is a football club, first and foremost. In its 122 year history the goal of every player and fan of the club has been to compete, to fight, to best the best you can be. That's all anyone wants, in all sport and if you win the league or the cup along the way you can say you were the best. But now we have an admission. Newcastle United no longer adheres to that thinking, it is no longer about sporting achievement, it is about the bottom line, revenue streams, cost minimisation. Newcastle United is just and only to these people, a business. It feels like Newcastle United the football club died today.

And it hurts to say that, I've given years of support to this club. Endless mornings, afternoons and evenings where I go through every emotion possible watching this club. And I'm not the only one, everybody on this forum goes through the same thing, everybody that has ever supported the Toon has. That is what brings us together, we suffer the bad together, and we celebrate the good together. And now it just feels wasted.

But then I remember Sir Bobby Robson's quote about what makes a club. The noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. That is the soul of Newcastle United Football Club. And that will never die, not so long as there are fans willing to fight for this club who will never forget what it means to go to St. James' Park to watch our heroes play in the Black and White. We will get rid of Ashley or be rid of him long before that ends. We just need to make that as soon as possible.