Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Was ridiculous that he wasn't a starter at the beginning of the season. We started Obertan ahead of him FFS. Finally gets in the team and was very clearly one of our best players thereafter.

Now he's inexplicably dropped again. This time it's for De Jong, a guy who has literally never done anything to justify a place in the team.

My only guess is that he's a quiet, laid back character in the dressing room and McClaren sees him as someone he can leave out without risk of it causing problems.

It's bullshit.

Absolutely disgusting he's not the first name on the teamsheet every week. An absolute stain on McClaren's competence.

I thought it was OK dropping him to switch things up a few weeks back, but he really should've been back in after Spurs. He should definitely be on from the off, next week.

The cynic in me thinks low paid and highly valued, if he angles for a move - guess who wins again.

Yeah but surely if you were hoping to cash in you'd be able to get more for someone who was playing every week than on the bench, so you'd want him starting?

as if McClaren can´t see he is among our best players. W*nkers!

De Jong took his chance and we won 2 difficult matches. He deserved to start...and more important - he needs to play to gain former level.

Perez is my favorite...but it also makes sense to start De Jong yesterday. He offers something different when we have to break teams down at home. Perez coming on from the bench with pace when the game is opening up (30 min left) is not a bad move.

Bringing De Jong on with 30 minutes left would not make sense imo. Ok tactics yesterday.

De Jong took his chance and we won 2 difficult matches. He deserved to start...and more important - he needs to play to gain former level.

Perez is my favorite...but it also makes sense to start De Jong yesterday. He offers something different when we have to break teams down at home. Perez coming on from the bench with pace when the game is opening up (30 min left) is not a bad move.

Bringing De Jong on with 30 minutes left would not make sense imo. Ok tactics yesterday.

Starting de Jong doesn't make any sense as he offers very little, he's one paced and he doesn't seem to have any tricks that will get the opposition worried.  Perez has tricks and will run directly at the opposition with pace and does worry them and he should start games.  We don't have to wait until Villa, the worst team in the league are tired before bringing him on.

At least he will be fresh when entering the compact sequence of fixtures coming up

I remember this sorry of logic from a previous quality player of ours that never played enough.

As was mentioned yesterday, there could and probably will always be an excuse not to 'risk' playing him.

:lol:

This place, man.

Guest neesy111

Was poor again yesterday.

Poor is being polite, thought he was awful.

Him and Mitrovic have little link up play as well, only once I saw them link up properly.

One of his poorer games for us yesterday. It looks almost impossible to play that number 10 role when the ginger cunt in midfield doesn't pass the ball 'between the lines'. Still, his movement off the ball was decent despite his quality on the ball being poor by his standards. Not concerned as this bloke has already shown himself to have more talent than most.

Definitely feel like something's up between him and McClaren. Maybe he feels he's the only one who gets dropped when the whole team plays like crap? Either way, not a good attitude to have for a young player. My favourite NUFC player by far but yesterday he was simply not in the game, aside from the turn and shot. Mind you, the whole team was garbage as usual.

McClaren has done little but f*** the lad about arrive he arrived.

No he hasn't, Perez has had a lot of game time. If Perez cannot handle being dropped from time to time (it would be crazy to have him play every single game) than it is on him and his attitude.