Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

I think it's safe to say, if an offer of £17M+ comes in for this lad, he'll be away. It'll go a long way towards balancing the books up from our £50M summer outlay.

We'll be losing our best player though.

What did Charnley say when we were looking for a new manager, it was summit like "if we sell a player, the manager and the fans will have to trust us to replace the player sold, even if it doesn't happen in the window in which the player is sold in".

Obviously that's not word for word but it was summit like that.

I think it's safe to say, if an offer of £17M+ comes in for this lad, he'll be away. It'll go a long way towards balancing the books up from our £50M summer outlay.

What did Charnley say when we were looking for a new manager, it was summit like "if we sell a player, the manager and the fans will have to trust us to replace the player sold, even if it doesn't happen in the window in which the player is sold in".

Given our start I'll be very surprised if they sell Perez personally. They can't be oblivious to the threat of relegation and selling Perez for anything other than stupid money would be a step Rotterdam towards going down. As would selling him for silly money and not investing it immediately. Sissoko I could maybe see go cause he wants away, that's about it.

Given our start I'll be very surprised if they sell Perez personally. They can't be oblivious to the threat of relegation and selling Perez for anything other than stupid money would be a step Rotterdam towards going down. As would selling him for silly money and not investing it immediately. Sissoko I could maybe see go cause he wants away, that's about it.

I wish i had your confidence.

I wish i had your confidence.

Biggest TV deal in history coming up. Anything he 'invests' he'll immediately get back just by being in the league next season. Now the summer is a different thing entirely.

What with the Euro's coming up I can see a situation where Ayoze wants out if Man Utd really are serious.  I'd love to think he wouldnt and stay loyal, but as seen with Tiote you need to go when those big teams come calling or they may never be back

I think he would be afforded more game time at Chelsea than any of the other 'top' clubs, the state they're in at the moment. Ayozé's a hard worker, could do a job amongst the attacking 3 of Hazard, Willian and Oscar.

There are shades of Jari Litmanen – and compliments rarely come bigger – David Silva, Peter Beardsley and Matt Jansen about his three-dimensional, “between the lines” game but, at only 22, Pérez has an awful lot to learn.

:notbad:, :notbad: and :serious:

height=100https://i.guim.co.uk/img/static/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/contributor/2014/5/21/1400686541664/Louise-Taylor-L.png?w=300&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10&s=14bc41e43a45dae88475ccb72c79f19a[/img]

But as that Guardian article says, will he get enough game time at any of those clubs to continue to progress?  I would say that is unlikely.

The next TV deal is so huge there should no longer be the need to sell any players and if they sell Perez, then our chances of relegation would increase.  There is no guarantee that a new player would make an immediate impact and I cannot imagine that we will pick up enough points in the next month to be confident of survival and therefore able to take a gamble with selling key players.  To take that risk in this January window especially would be ridiculous.  That Guardian article says we would be tempted for 10 x £1.5m but it would be stupid to sell him for anything like that.  If he continues to progress at his current rate, he would easily be worth a lot more in a year's time.

Prices are only going to inflate even more with the new TV deal so if the interested clubs do make a bid in January it will probably be because they are looking to get him cheaper than they would once that deal is in place.

---

I heard a journalist on the radio today saying that the Perez stories are all originating from the North East so whether they are agent-led (perhaps to get a new contract), being fed to the media by the club or being expanded upon by Lee Ryder continuing saying Man Utd are interested on who knows.

I think it's a little naive to suggest that there will be too much money to not to need to sell players, all that will happen is that the player values and wages will spike, again. Instead of paying 15m for Perez in the current market, which I think we'd agree would be a relative snip, it may become commonplace for this sort of player to be sold for £50m instead.

Let's not forget the abortion of a pre-season we had. Absolutely unprofessional at all levels. Regardless of where we end up this season, someone needs to take responsibility for that, and Charnley and McClaren seem as culpable as each other for it (former more so, of course, as the word is it was his plan along with Carver's).

McLaren came out and openly complained about the pre-season arrangements. no real research or thought had gone into them. carver was mouthing off towards the end of last season how he was already making plans with charnley for preseason training and friendlies.

He didn't when I critised them on radio when I spoke to him. He defended them and said they were still useful for the whole squad.

Hope for his own sake that he gets a move as soon as possible. He's the real deal and can go all the way, but not here.

Aye, I hope one of our best players leaves as well.  Infact I hope all of our best players leave soon.