Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

:aww:

He should be getting extra sessions for himself.

Was going to say the same. Get some training in on knowing what to do with the ball before you get it, like pretty much every midfielder and striker in the Premier League is at least somewhat capable of to a degree.

I thought outside the goal, he was the same as he's been all season, the weak link. Like I said though, his goal was excellent play and if he can do that every game, willing to live with the rest of his mediocre play.

Wasn't particularly impressed with him today, again.

He is just so frustrating as a player. He always seems 1 second behind the pace of the game and ends up losing the ball in idiotic positions which winds me up no end.

He done great for his goal today but for the rest of the time he was on the field I felt like closelining the c***.

He is frustrating but he has time to get better and his work rate is class. I highly doubt we'll break the bank to sign a significantly-better number 10, so he's gonna get basically the whole season in that position. It ought to bring him on a lot, and he might be a lot more polished come the start of next season. Some competition would be useful though.

Vital for both goals... yet I thought he was poor overall.

Still a goal and good work for the first is what I want from him at the end of the day.

Everytime Tadic or someone dragged Lascelles into a wide position they would deliver a decent ball into the box to be defended. Ayoze got into a fewof those positions and couldn't deliver any quality consistently. Even for the goal VVD got a block on and it was the scrappy good side of Ayoze's game that kept the ball alive for us rather than quality.

Looked better after his goal/half time for a bit - seemed to have more belief in the final third. Was that low cross for Joselu after half time?

But anyway, he did the business today in front of goal.

I'm starting to like him more and more. His pressing of the opposition is overlooked, he forces so many errors. When a team doesn't have time to settle and play it out from the back because of his chasing, it does us so many favours. He NEEDS to be better in possession though, gives it away far too cheaply and is caught hanging on to the ball a little too long. One of our better players though, especially away from home and in this system.

Having two big upgrade players in the number 9 and 10 spot would be so huge for us.

Certainly one of Ayoze's better games this season. He is too ineffective though overall, hopefully the goal breeds confidence in him. Like the lad, he has talent just hasn't had his head in the role yet.

I'm starting to like him more and more. His pressing of the opposition is overlooked, he forces so many errors. When a team doesn't have time to settle and play it out from the back because of his chasing, it does us so many favours. He NEEDS to be better in possession though, gives it away far too cheaply and is caught hanging on to the ball a little too long. One of our better players though, especially away from home and in this system.

Nah. Personally I think he is one of the weakest links. More unforced errors and general negative contributions than positive contributions. Including yesterday, embarrassing at times. That said scored and involved (ish) in other goal.

I don't understand this "he works hard" thing. Since when did pressing the opposition become the only aim of a number 10?

I was always a big fan of Perez but he hasn't reached his potential and doesn't offer enough to the team. His main quality seems to be that hes not Diame.

I suspect Rafa has already been looking for an upgrade. He won't say it publicly though.

He's obviously under instruction from Rafa to keep running and don't allow the opponents to settle on the ball too often. It's an absolute key role in our good start the season, he created the first goal because of it and scored the second.

Hence the credit he's getting for working hard. And he should be.

He's obviously under instruction from Rafa to keep running and don't allow the opponents to settle on the ball too often. It's an absolute key role in our good start the season, he created the first goal because of it and scored the second.

Yes but what if we could find someone who can work hard and play football?

Yes but what if we could find someone who can work hard and play football?

I think he can play football. He scored one and helped create one yesterday.