Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

He's a talented player without a proper position and therefore someone who will probably never be anything more than a good squad player.

And that's for us, let alone Barca.

Any player that likes to take on a man is going to lose the ball. He loses probably too much but that's not a major issue imo. Lack of end product is.

I find he doesn't lose the ball trying to get past players, he often loses it because he's  holding onto it too long which is slightly different. There's times when he's casually taking the ball forward and someone just runs in from behind and tackles him.

Guest Gomez

He's quick over a few yards, but he hasn't got the straight lline speed to get away from defenders or the strength to hold them off. It might take another couple of years for him to learn to deal with it and become more consistent.

Though, tell me if I'm having delusions, but I thought he did far better than he had any right to when Pardew stuck him up top and lumped long balls at him last season.

He's quick over a few yards, but he hasn't got the straight lline speed to get away from defenders or the strength to hold them off. It might take another couple of years for him to learn to deal with it and become more consistent.

Though, tell me if I'm having delusions, but I thought he did far better than he had any right to when Pardew stuck him up top and lumped long balls at him last season.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

I've been very disappointed with him this season mind, his attitude and whole demeanor hasn't been the same. I think maybe the success of last season went to his head a bit and he has become complacent. He doesn't work as hard off the ball as he used to for example. He also looks really slow. I'm certain his fitness and the fitness of others isn't up to scratch.

Any player that likes to take on a man is going to lose the ball. He loses probably too much but that's not a major issue imo. Lack of end product is.

He used to, not any more. He loses it now when he receives the ball without knowing who's around him, where to control the ball to, and if he does control it, he then runs blind it 2 or 3 defenders. If he lost the ball after having brought it under control, raising his head, looking to see what's going on, and then taking on a man - fair enough.

I think Perez has some natural talents that many other footballers dont have, most notably his extremely quick feet which allows him to make more moves than others.  In my memory only Messi and Ben Arfa has quicker feet than Perez and thats really massive.  Other than that his smart moves, his court vision, his technique...he is special.

However he also has some massive flaws.  His lack of strength and shot power limited his application on his talents.  Whats even worse is it seems like he is changing his playstyle.  Some said he is just trying too much himself.  In my opinion i feel like he started to believe the hype and think he can and should be a star player and could change the game on his own. 

Honestly i dont think we should sell him for anything less than 30m. But, if he couldnt get out of this and continues to play like that in expense of our team - just like Ba - then i think we should start finding the next youngster with potential to develop and give him up.

I just think he is a young lad that has been coached by cunts and losers for last 2 seasons. He will be fine under Rafa

This. I think some of the comments are a bit OTT. He's young and still raw, he's shown flashes of talent in a terrible side. He will flourish if we stay up and Rafa gets to build his balanced side.

With this said, he isn't 90 min man yet. I think starting then coming off at 60 mins or coming on for last 30 is perfect for him right now.

He is clearly a very talented footballer. I'm still very 50/50 on how good he will become though. If he can manage to become quicker or stronger he could become almost Suarezesque and be a star as a striker or CAM. What worries is how small and weak he is. Those sorts of players usually make up for it with pace, and he isn't lightning quick. He accelerates with the ball at his feet but he never seems to sprint past anyone over any noticeable distance. Like when he won the ball against palace after having been on the pitch for 10 minutes the other day. He still got caught up relatively easily.

If he can either get some muscle or improve his top speed, he could be really special.

Where do you play him? That's the biggest question, as he's flawed in every position.

Doesn't mean he isn't handy in them. In this 4-2-3-1 he is useful in any of the three behind the striker for me, with up front second.

I think his best role is number 10 in a 4-4-2. Can't remember if he's ever been wide in a 4-3-3.

He's got time to establish a best position for himself though.

I'm not comfortable singling out any of our players for criticism.. for the simple reason that i don't think we've seen any of them at even 50% of their potential.

Ayoze has bags of skill but there's just a sort of intensity missing.. the top top players know what to when they have the ball, or not.. that will cause problems for teams.. Sanchez, Mahrez etc.. as soon as they are involved they mean business.. which is something lacking from Ayoze's game, well most of our players.

For whatever reason (and there are many), our squad have been pretty much unmotivated for so long that it's crept into every aspect of their profession.. fitness, confidence, determination and even the basics of teamwork.

Rafa must have had an aneurism when he realised the task he faced.

But a few have shown signs of the motivation returning.. Tiote, Anita etc.. all playing vital roles in giving us a glimmer of hope.

I think it's yet to seep into the likes of Perez and Wijnaldum.. it may not happen before the season is over.

English football is riddled with sub standard coaching/managers.. i'm coming round to the view that the predicament we are in is not really the players fault. Nearly all of our under performing players showed glimpses at the start of why we signed them, but then when integrated into the culture of unmotivation, the lights were essentially dimmed straight away.

It's been so long since this club had a decent manager the infrastructure of failure is deep rooted by now. If Rafa gets a fair crack at the whip we all know he has the tools to reverse the trend.

But for now, i think it's stupid to write off players when we've never seen the best of them. We could have brought Messi in and made him look like Obertan.. that's how bad the coaching setup was.

The players who've seen enough and want out, fair enough and best of luck. But i think there could be some big surprises from existing squad players next season if we stay up.

I'm not comfortable singling out any of our players for criticism.. for the simple reason that i don't think we've seen any of them at even 50% of their potential.

Ayoze has bags of skill but there's just a sort of intensity missing.. the top top players know what to when they have the ball, or not.. that will cause problems for teams.. Sanchez, Mahrez etc.. as soon as they are involved they mean business.. which is something lacking from Ayoze's game, well most of our players.

For whatever reason (and there are many), our squad have been pretty much unmotivated for so long that it's crept into every aspect of their profession.. fitness, confidence, determination and even the basics of teamwork.

Rafa must have had an aneurism when he realised the task he faced.

But a few have shown signs of the motivation returning.. Tiote, Anita etc.. all playing vital roles in giving us a glimmer of hope.

I think it's yet to seep into the likes of Perez and Wijnaldum.. it may not happen before the season is over.

English football is riddled with sub standard coaching/managers.. i'm coming round to the view that the predicament we are in is not really the players fault. Nearly all of our under performing players showed glimpses at the start of why we signed them, but then when integrated into the culture of unmotivation, the lights were essentially dimmed straight away.

It's been so long since this club had a decent manager the infrastructure of failure is deep rooted by now. If Rafa gets a fair crack at the whip we all know he has the tools to reverse the trend.

But for now, i think it's stupid to write off players when we've never seen the best of them. We could have brought Messi in and made him look like Obertan.. that's how bad the coaching setup was.

The players who've seen enough and want out, fair enough and best of luck. But i think there could be some big surprises from existing squad players next season if we stay up.