Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Guest chopey

I think he's a great player with huge potential and it would take an offer over £15 million to get him, I don't see why Barca would pay that for a back up player, other than him been a spanish national I can't see them taking the risk.

Hopefully he'll stay because he feels that Rafa is improving him as a player.

He lost his way a bit last season, and I did wonder whether that was to do with being linked with the likes of Spurs. He didn't seem to have the same focus.

Might not be a bad thing bulking up slightly, sometimes I do feel he is pushed off the ball too easily. Sterling is a good example, where despite his size, he has decent strength.

Guest Howaythetoon

He is usually very quick footed, but today he was clumsy with the ball, constantly struggling to get it out of his feet. He sees things quicker than most though, several didn't read his passes or intentions. He is too good for the Championship and I hope he absolutely destroys it.

There was an incident in the second half where he was steaming in to the six yard box, the ball floated in, keeper and two defenders all heading for it and he didn't challenge, or even attempt to. Just lifted his hands up in that pathetic gesture he did last game when the keeper blasted the ball away. Not sure if I missed something but it was very odd behaviour for a striker; like he didn't want to risk an impact/wasn't really giving 100%. Another (less shocking) occasion where he was free with the ball, with some and time to shoot (which was clearly the best option) in the inside left channel of 18 yard box, and he checked back and popped an ineffectual cross over instead. Not on it; head elsewhere?