Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Not sure how he managed to stay on the field for the full game. He done absolutely nothing today.

Rafa should have had him off at half time to try and change the game a little bit but obviously it never happened.

He's been shite for far too many games this season.

Perez playing as a 10 isn't working, at times we play deep in a 4-5-1 and he can't play as that extra third man in midfield

He looks lost and unaware of his position, either play him as a 9 or not at all imo

You can't do that either given he's even worse in that position and we've got much better players for it.

Do agree

I thought a year in the championship would do him the world of good but it just isn't working out.

I know people aren't the biggest fan of Diame but positionally he understands that role a lot better, I do feel he has been unlucky at times too

I do think if he's ever going to be a regular in the side it'll be on the left. He's not a lone striker and he's no #10 from what we've seen so far.

The position Gouff plays though... I can see him there. It's not exactly a 'winger' role tbf. He's not lazy and has a decent eye for goal so with some time to learn the role I reckon it's his best bet.

Maybe he'll come good in the #10 role with time to learn the position but I just can't see it. Doesn't have the passing range for it.

He's either got to be a #10 or out of the side for me. He's too slow to play out wide on a regular basis so he has to play up front, and as he hasn't got the physique or presence to play as an out and out striker, then it has to be the #10. But for some reason he's not showing up in that role even in this division. Really disappointing because he looks like he could piss it if he stopped hanging on to the ball for that extra touch every time.

I do think if he's ever going to be a regular in the side it'll be on the left. He's not a lone striker and he's no #10 from what we've seen so far.

The position Gouff plays though... I can see him there. It's not exactly a 'winger' role tbf. He's not lazy and has a decent eye for goal so with some time to learn the role I reckon it's his best bet.

Maybe he'll come good in the #10 role with time to learn the position but I just can't see it. Doesn't have the passing range for it.

Played there most of his career hasn't he? ???

Fact is, he's better than he's showing now. We've all seen it before. He's been quicker, had a better touch, been stronger and been more skillful in the past. It's just not happening for him right now though. Not consistently at least.

Don't like saying this after how much promise he seemed to have but he's looking more and more like just a better version of Vuckic- clear that he has the technical ability but needs more time on the ball than he's ever likely to get to use it, and just doesn't seem to have a position where we don't have better options. Can see him spending a large proportion of his future, here or wherever, on the bench.

Haven't seen much of him this season for obvious reasons but touch and control don't just go away. Not at his age, anyway. He's still a talented player, he's just suffering through a drop in form. That's a personality issue. Some players will struggle with that their entire careers. Cisse seems to have never recovered from whatever shook his confidence. Other players are notorious for having good spells and dry spells. I think Perez has the right mentality to dig himself out of it. He's dealt with a lot of pressure in the past and performed. He's still young and adaptable. I have faith.

His 'touch and control' isn't the issue. It's basically everything else. I do like Perez but if he had any real future in English football he'd be taking the piss out of this league, not struggling to impact games against the worst sides in the division.

He's starting to irritate me a bit now. Would like to think it's not the case but for a lot of this season it's looked as though he's hardly trying. A rough arsed centre half gives him a bit of a kick in the opening stages and he just seems to lose interest and the dummy comes out.

Not sure he'll make it over here in all honesty which is a shame because when he arrived I really thought we'd signed a top prospect. If Benitez can't get any more out of him then I'm not sure who could.

I think a lot of people are giving up on him a bit soon, like. He's had some excellent games in our shirt, some of them in the Premier League; you don't just become a bad player overnight.

If he hasn't shown that ability to "kick on" a year/18 months down the line, then maybe it'll be time to see him go.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm as dumbfounded as everyone else about what's happened to him, but it hasn't been overnight. He's had more poor performances than good for ages now. It probably reads like I have an agenda against him because I talk about it a canny bit, but it's mainly because I just don't get it. He obviously has the talent and it's not like he's not putting the effort in. I've been hoping that it'll click for ages, but it just hasn't happened.

There's just something about him. He can't be rubbish, sorta thing. I mean he might be, but it's almost like it doesn't make sense after the promising start he had.

Still have a modicum of hope that it'll all click for him. He's at a good place for it to do so. Weaker opposition, lots of games, brilliant manager. The responsibility is with to make all that stuff work to his benefit.

By the same token, I wouldn't cry into my pillow if he left in January and we got someone better.

Not sure where he played in Spain tbh but the role he's trying to play for us is something he hasn't done at NUFC very much, certainly not in regards to what Rafa wants from his #10.

He's got the touch and technique for it but he seems to really struggle with knowing when he has time and when he needs to move the ball on quickly. Gets caught in possession far too often. Until he sorts that out he'll continue to be a poor #10 and even if he gets that sorted I don't know if he's got the vision or passing ability to really excel in the role.

Not sure where he played in Spain tbh but the role he's trying to play for us is something he hasn't done at NUFC very much, certainly not in regards to what Rafa wants from his #10.

He's got the touch and technique for it but he seems to really struggle with knowing when he has time and when he needs to move the ball on quickly. Gets caught in possession far too often. Until he sorts that out he'll continue to be a poor #10 and even if he gets that sorted I don't know if he's got the vision or passing ability to really excel in the role.

If he's not a #10 then I don't know what he's meant to be as he sure as hell isn't an out and out centre forward and he lacks the pace to be an effective wide man.

Fact is, he's better than he's showing now. We've all seen it before. He's been quicker, had a better touch, been stronger and been more skillful in the past. It's just not happening for him right now though. Not consistently at least.

Enough of Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima....

We need to work our selling magic on this waster in Jan or summer and see if we can bring in 10 mil.

He was better in the prem, and as crazy as this sounds "dont all attack me" better under Pardew.....

Linked allegedly with Spurs,Man utd, Barca etc.

I was thinking when we went down we were so lucky to have kept him, i believed he would have tore the championship to pieces, also under a fellow spaniard in Rafa he would flourish.  But i think it is Purley down to not having a particular position. Hes not a number 10 he played his best football as a striker but coming off the bench like a super sub. Hes not being used effectively and should either be moved on if Rafa doesn't see him as a striker or rotated in that sub role he was so effective as.