Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Rafa also needs to stop playing Gayle as a lone striker also. Ignoring the question marks whether he is good enough for this level one thing is for sure his hold up play and touch are not at the level to be playing as a lone striker

His older brother, Samuel, is playing on level 3 in Norway in front of an average home crowd of 300 in a tiny ski resort village in nowhere land.

On his poor days Ayoze wouldn't make it on that team.

I think we should try Joselu / Perez partnership first.  It may works like Mitro / Perez like last year.  In fact any combination other than Gayle / Perez would be an improvement.  Gayle literally cannot create any space for Perez.

Aye, if that fails, we have to move on, say try Joselu / Gayle or de Jong.

Aye, if that fails we will be adrift at the bottom of the league.

Drop Perez now! He gives us very little going forward and his closing down, work rate and ability to keep possession are abysmal.

Aye, if that fails, we have to move on, say try Joselu / Gayle or de Jong.

Aye, if that fails we will be adrift at the bottom of the league.

Drop Perez now! He gives us very little going forward and his closing down, work rate and ability to keep possession are abysmal.

I would be happy to drop Perez if we have real alternatives. I don't think Rafa will play two strikers upfront anyway e.g. Gayle and Joselu.

The problem with Perez is he needs space to make anything happen, and he is too weak to hold up the ball under pressure.  Thus it is very tricky to play him as no.10, and that's also why sometimes he played a lot better as a lone striker - he just move and run freely and find space himself, instead of forcing himself to survive in that no.10 position.

Its a funny one with Perez, he's got an eye for goal and a great touch, but he's not a striker and he's not an attacking midfielder, what the fuck do you do with him?

He's a great player when he doesn't have the chance to think about what he's doing. The moment he has time to think and a choice to make he fucks it up.

He was the best player in the front 4 yesterday, obviously that's not saying much. Joselu looks like a technical striker with clever movement so in theory that should help a player like Perez who is more of a second striker than a true #10.

He was the best player in the front 4 yesterday, obviously that's not saying much. Joselu looks like a technical striker with clever movement so in theory that should help a player like Perez who is more of a second striker than a true #10.

He were pap.

He and Gayle offered zilch. Don't see Ayoze as a 10 at all. He needs space and won't find any between the lines. A substitute 9 imo.

Diame was turbo crap in his cameo which only leaves Siem or a change in formation as a way forward imo.

He were pap.

He and Gayle offered zilch. Don't see Ayoze as a 10 at all. He needs space and won't find any between the lines. A substitute 9 imo.

Diame was turbo crap in his cameo which only leaves Siem or a change in formation as a way forward imo.

You can't slate Perez for needing space to perform and then offer De Jong as an alternative. :lol: The problem would just be multiplied.

The real issue is that Gayle looks fucked and isn't offering anything, which is why no one else has any space. May as well have played Mitrovic yesterday just to hold the ball up a bit.

He were pap.

You can't slate Perez for needing space to perform and then offer De Jong as an alternative. :lol: The problem would just be multiplied.

The real issue is that Gayle looks f***ed and isn't offering anything, which is why no one else has any space. May as well have played Mitrovic yesterday just to hold the ball up a bit.

I'm no De Jong fan. I just don't think Ayoze is up to it. It's a case of anyone but him (or Diame tbf) at 10 or a change of system. If SDJ can not get blown off the ball, and release a pass with less than 6 touches he might be a better bet than Ayoze. We have a lack of quality in that position but not a lack of numbers.

When my feeling for NUFC was at its nadir he burst onto the scene with a goal and I couldn't help but get caught up and be chuffed for him. He's often very frustrating but I don't think it's unfair to say that he's our most talented player. Really influential today.