Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Still got high hopes for Perez. If you discount his early purple patch, it coukd just be a case of him taking a bit longer to develop into the player we know he can be. He's grown in confidence in the last quarter of the season and some of his touches in the last two games have been delightful, which is great cos he couldn't trap a bag of cement earlier. He'll get better with better players around him; for the last three seasons he's been depended-on as one of our only flair players, and he's struggled with that pressure.

Hope he stays and I bet he will cos I think Rafa likes him.

Perez has been a lot more solid recently. Not sure if it's finally sunk in or if he realises he wants to be at a Premier League club and a starter at that. Technically one of (if not) our best player. Reads the game fantastically and is an intelligent player. Will be protected a lot more next year and will be an important member of the squad for me.

All that big said he has had a tough and bumpy ride this season. Cannot say it wasn't expected like personally.

Perez has been a lot more solid recently. Not sure if it's finally sunk in or if he realises he wants to be at a Premier League club and a starter at that.

Rafa said in an interview this week that he has been working one on one with Ayoze on positioning recently. Might have something to do with it.

He's definitely finding space better and receiving the ball without a defender right on his back. Don't understand why he used to almost invite a tackle before, he's not strong enough to withstand them. He is getting better, like a lot of our players, question is how many can we persevere with.

3rd most goals, 3rd most assists.  Surprising.

A pleasing stat.

Perez hasn't had the season we had all hoped for but I still have a lot of time for him. I think he will prove a useful squad player next season. Diame needs binned.

Think he's come into a bit of form all of a sudden, he's looked really classy in the last few games and has gone back to his initial form when he first joined us.

I'd keep him, similar to Atsu, I don't see them as important or key players but they'll definitely have a role to play next season.

He's still a young lad and in his last few seasons, he tends to start well and fades mid season. Whether that is due to being fatigue and exhaustion? Possibly, but technically he's still one of the best at the club. Definitely worth keeping, I still have high hopes for Ayoze.