Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Perez can play anywhere across the front line and has done since he forced his way into the side under Pardew, he's consistent wherever he plays. I got ewhat Yorkie's saying with blanace like, Obertan is fast and will stay wide etc, but he's just not good enough, Perez should have started.

While I don't doubt his quality Perez has never looked effective on the wing.

Also it is pretty common for new managers coming in to utilise players in their so called best position either to:

1. Work out for themselves which positions need fixing

2. Demonstrate to those with the purse strings where the money requires urgent investment.

"Long way to go for Perez," McClaren, before Leicester game.

http://www.90min.com/posts/2736894-mcclaren-long-way-to-go-for-ayoze-perez

“Ayoze is someone who is doing very well,” he said. “But he’s under contract for a long while, so I don’t think that’s an issue at the moment. He came here as a player with potential and played a little bit last season.

“It’s taken him a while to get going this season but he’s certainly become an important player. I look at him, though, and he’s still got a long way to go. The potential is massive but there’s a lot to do. He’s got to do it consistently, every game, for 95 minutes. That’s what we’re asking.”

Sack him.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ayoze-perez-wants-newcastle-uniteds-10575283

Doubt our Anti Tinkerman will change the team. Praising Spuds' ground might get people talking.

Only an idiot since the explanation is in the article.

He's been linked with Spurs since the last transfer window. Guess you're dim as well as dull. Nice combination.

The youngster’s pace helped put the Reds on the back foot in a victory that has altered the mood a little on Tyneside this week.

Perez is a cracking little player but pace isn't really one of his qualities. But then what do I know, Lee Ryder is a qualified sports journalist, he obviously can assess a player more professionally than me.

Not really sure what the outrage is about with him not playing to be honest?

He literally looked like he couldn't be arsed against Palace and was hooked at half time and rightly so, it got to the point where he wasn't even trying (made no difference but still)

Not to mention hes looked off the pace for a while now and De Jong plays in a similar role albeit a different style of player.

De Jong came in and it worked and he looked good, no need to rush Ayoze back into the team IMO.

Hes obviously going to be a very good player but think his qualities are slightly over hyped by our fan base.

He should be competing with de Jong for the second striker role with Mitro vying with Cisse for the main striker position.

If Cisse could actually be arsed we'd have some decent depth up front.  Right now i'd play de Jong ahead of him for his leadership, experience and general footballing nous with Perez coming on when de Jong falls to bits on about 60 minutes.

If we had a couple of decent wingers we could have a pretty good attack.

He literally looked like he couldn't be arsed against Palace and was hooked at half time and rightly so, it got to the point where he wasn't even trying (made no difference but still)

Not to mention hes looked off the pace for a while now and De Jong plays in a similar role albeit a different style of player.

De Jong came in and it worked and he looked good, no need to rush Ayoze back into the team IMO.

Hes obviously going to be a very good player but think his qualities are slightly over hyped by our fan base.

That's a label you could apply to half the squad and he's one of our more effective players. It's pretty rational. He's also an easy pick to drop.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ayoze-perez-wants-newcastle-uniteds-10575283

Doubt our Anti Tinkerman will change the team. Praising Spuds' ground might get people talking.

He's been linked with Spurs since the last transfer window. Guess you're dim as well as dull. Nice combination.

Fucking clown.

f***ing clown.

:lol:

That's a label you could apply to half the squad and he's one of our more effective players. It's pretty rational. He's also an easy pick to drop.

But we've got three strikers, all of whom have their own strengths. For me it's a good policy to rotate them and play the ones who perform. I'm with witch doctor on this one, I didn't think Ayoze played well against Palace and Cisse has done the business in the last two games he's started. It's the other areas of the pitch where there is no competition that we are struggling, like midfield and defence.