Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Hang about you can't fucking touch people in Basketball can you? :lol:

Man this is one of my huge pet hates, people over here bag on soccer constantly about diving but it is easily as bad or even worse in the nba. Just a matter of reputation. Annoying as fuck in both sports, but there is no way I'm going to disparage our best player becauase he is shrewd enough to utilize a bit of run of the mill gamesmanship. Furthermore, I've no idea where people have got the idea that he dives or feigns injury regularly, I think nine times out of ten he eats shit because he is a nine pound Spaniard in a league where they don't call fouls committed against shit teams like ours.

Finally, he scored a great goal today and you can fuck right off if you think shooting early, hard, and low is a poor finish. That's how you beat every keeper is low, and Ayoze's poise on that shot with three defenders in arm's reach was fantastic.

So give the kid a break if he went down easy when Henry David Whats-His-Fuck gave him his first cauliflower ear, he's the only one on the team that managed a shot on target, and he scored the fucking goal that got us out of the relegation zone.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go finish my Freedom Fries.

Remy's should be given as a penalty imo

Absolutely, Shearer managed to nail it completely on MOTD actually, saying that that has to be a pen if you want to stop players diving, he was clearly impeded by the goalkeeper whether or not there was contact.

On Perez, aye, think the early shooting helps catch out a lot of goalkeepers. Remember Michu's first Swansea season he seemed to score loads less through brilliant skill but just shooting at the very first opportunity accurately and without much foreshadowing allowing keepers to set themselves. Shooting early imo is key to getting the easy goals, players who set themselves etc basically mean a decent keeper won't make a mistake so you have to beat them properly.

People flop and drop in every f***ing sport man.

This is too fucking true, Josh Koscheck once faked injury in a UFC fight when a guy -almost- hit him with an illegal knee strike. iirc he won by disqualification too. So if you can flop your way to victory in a fucking cage fight....

Basically I'm against flopping except when it helps our team and we win.

Hang about you can't f***ing touch people in Basketball can you? :lol:

Man this is one of my huge pet hates, people over here bag on soccer constantly about diving but it is easily as bad or even worse in the nba. Just a matter of reputation. Annoying as f*** in both sports, but there is no way I'm going to disparage our best player becauase he is shrewd enough to utilize a bit of run of the mill gamesmanship. Furthermore, I've no idea where people have got the idea that he dives or feigns injury regularly, I think nine times out of ten he eats s*** because he is a nine pound Spaniard in a league where they don't call fouls committed against s*** teams like ours.

Finally, he scored a great goal today and you can f*** right off if you think shooting early, hard, and low is a poor finish. That's how you beat every keeper is low, and Ayoze's poise on that shot with three defenders in arm's reach was fantastic.

So give the kid a break if he went down easy when Henry David Whats-His-f*** gave him his first cauliflower ear, he's the only one on the team that managed a shot on target, and he scored the f***ing goal that got us out of the relegation zone.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go finish my Freedom Fries.

Finally some sense. This man deserves gravy atop his fries.

:lol: Pesky English and their dislike of outright cheating. His histrionics were embarrassing like.

Having said that, he provided our one bit of quality and won the game. Love the bloke.

Did you celebrate Michael Owens pen against Sunderland when Taylor swan dived?

Guest palnese

:lol: Pesky English and their dislike of outright cheating. His histrionics were embarrassing like.

Having said that, he provided our one bit of quality and won the game. Love the bloke.

Did you celebrate Michael Owens pen against Sunderland when Taylor swan dived?

Shola scored that one.

Guest neesy111

Think so? Owen scored in the 2-0. Not that it matters.

Correct, 2-0 was a pelanty for hand ball.

Geremi's cross for owen's header was amazing.

:thup:

Same as Mitrovic last week, it's not necessary.

I know he's not our player, so people aren't interested.  But what about Stanislas not long before?  Tiote brushed him with his hand, whilst going for a header and he went down like he'd been hit with a right cross.  Laid on the floor for ages, face down.  Then pretended to act all groggy and gingerly walked off.  It was just as bad as our cheating Spaniard.  But of course, English players don't cheat and would never feign an injury.