Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Villarreal)

ponsaelius

I don't know how i feel about Ayoze lately, he's not a  proper striker but he's not an attacking midfielder either, has a few nice touches but strolls around the pitch a lot, players in his position should be difference makers, i was watching Pascal Gross yesterday for Brighton, he isn't by any means an outstanding player but he has the attributes to play in that position and knows what it takes to play in it and managed to be the difference for his team yesterday, i don't feel Ayoze really has those attributes, 

I feel of late he's either a 2/10 or an 8/10. Rarely seems to be anything in between. Still feel he's bulked up too much also. Also seems to of lost that early trick he had of receiving the ball on the half turn which I used to love about him when he first arrived.

I thought he played well today aside from his effort against the keeper which should have been better.

I do think his vision has improved, as he played a number of balls that I didn't expect him to play, such as clever switches of play.

It doesn't look like he'll ever be a regular 10+ goal a season player unfortunately; his finishing isn't composed enough.

Just feel he's taking a spot in the team away from someone who could contribute more, a second striker or a third central midfielder would be more use to us that a player who clearly does not know how to be effective in the 10 role.

I think he contributes a hell of a lot that would go unnoticed on shows like MotD or in newspaper match reports. 

And remember, second top scorer last season and I wouldn't be surprised if he was again this.

Just feel he's taking a spot in the team away from someone who could contribute more, a second striker or a third central midfielder would be more use to us that a player who clearly does not know how to be effective in the 10 role.

Would Gayle be capable of playing in there as a number 10? I can see Jose is trying but he just isn´t up to the standard we need for our attacking midfielder...

He's played ok overall so far and contributed a lot in our two wins.  No he's not a natural in the number 10 spot, but at his worst he doesn't hide and doesn't go for the easy option just to cover his back (probably why he often gets the blame when we play poorly).  Also puts plenty of effort in IMO.

Would Gayle be capable of playing in there as a number 10? I can see Jose is trying but he just isn´t up to the standard we need for our attacking midfielder...

Gayles a predatory kind of striker, but offers very little to the team, so I think he'd be absolutely shocking in the number 10 role.

I think he's doing the job Rafa is asking of him, seems more focused on winning the ball back and putting pressure on than being a more creative and attacking number 10 and is doing a good job of that. If youre playing a number 10 like that, you need a striker who is going to put it away more often than not tho. It does allow Merino to get forward more

I think he's doing the job Rafa is asking of him, seems more focused on winning the ball back and putting pressure on than being a more creative and attacking number 10 and is doing a good job of that. If youre playing a number 10 like that, you need a striker who is going to put it away more often than not tho. It does allow Merino to get forward more

Aye, at the moment Ritchie, Atsu and Lascelles are carrying the goal threat but that will dry up for sure. We're going to need one of the strikers or Ayoze to start contributing asap imo.

Aye, at the moment Ritchie, Atsu and Lascelles are carrying the goal threat but that will dry up for sure. We're going to need one of the strikers or Ayoze to start contributing asap imo.

I think he'll have his days. I'm gonna predict he'll get the winner v Liverpool.

Guest firetotheworks

Convinced he was put on this planet with the sole intention of giving me a frustration induced hernia tbh. He absolutely does my head in.