The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Even with UEFA's seemingly desperate attempts to marginalise it as a comp over the years I still love it.

In fact there's been a fair few times over the years where the latter stages have had better games/narratives than the CL.

Definitely. Players/fans who actually appreciate being in the latter stages of Europe, a cup style winning attitude rather than not get beat style of play amongst other things. Just a shame they made the groups, so shit and pointless. Do absolutely nowt but lessen an already piss weak opinion of the Waffa.

Even with UEFA's seemingly desperate attempts to marginalise it as a comp over the years I still love it.

In fact there's been a fair few times over the years where the latter stages have had better games/narratives than the CL.

Definitely. Players/fans who actually appreciate being in the latter stages of Europe, a cup style winning attitude rather than not get beat style of play amongst other things. Just a shame they made the groups, so shit and pointless. Do absolutely nowt but lessen an already piss weak opinion of the Waffa.

:thup: Zenit, Bilbao, Boro, Fulham, Braga, Shakhtar, Braga, Espanyol, CSKA off the top of my head all put in memorable (in different ways) runs to the final over the last 10 years, all either winning or going desperately close to their first European trophies.

Even Rangers' run was memorable just for the fact it was utterly rancid to watch.

VI,

Neymar has 6 goals in 290 minutes which is around a goal every 48 minutes.

Cristiano has 10 in 450 minutes but three are from penalties.

Quite impressive, but do you think Messi will stick to this creation role? Because without Messi, Neymar would be stuck on 2 goals max, I think moving Messi down a bit to help create will help Neymar and Suarez to reach at least 20-25 goals each. I fully expect Suarez to run rampage as soon as he's back because he's much better finisher than Neymar.

Apparently Xabi Alonso beat today the Bundesliga records for completed passes and ball touches.

Think I read it was around 40 more passes than Thiago who held the record.

When you do the math it's quite mental. More than 1 pass every 30s.

Wonder what's Xavi's record for us. Can't find it besides one game where he got to 183.

We just letting s*** like this fly now then?

Saved me from quoting it. :lol: Dirty Americans, polluting the English language.

Aye, dirty yanks!

VI,

Neymar has 6 goals in 290 minutes which is around a goal every 48 minutes.

Cristiano has 10 in 450 minutes but three are from penalties.

Quite impressive, but do you think Messi will stick to this creation role? Because without Messi, Neymar would be stuck on 2 goals max, I think moving Messi down a bit to help create will help Neymar and Suarez to reach at least 20-25 goals each. I fully expect Suarez to run rampage as soon as he's back because he's much better finisher than Neymar.

I have no idea, but it's pretty clear it's a conscious tactical decision now, rather than just a few games thing. If he accepts this role (and to be honest, he seems to be enjoying it), it's a better "use of resources" given the partners he has upfront. He'll still finish with 20+ goals himself.

Some shots of the "Come Home Ronaldo" airplane flying over El Madrigal yesterday.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/imagenes/2014/09/27/album/1411842854_779820_1411843038_album_grande.jpg

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/imagenes/2014/09/27/album/1411842854_779820_1411843039_album_grande.jpg

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/imagenes/2014/09/27/album/1411842854_779820_1411843040_album_grande.jpg

I can't wrap my head around how incredibly sad this is :lol:

Definitely. Players/fans who actually appreciate being in the latter stages of Europe, a cup style winning attitude rather than not get beat style of play amongst other things. Just a shame they made the groups, so s*** and pointless. Do absolutely nowt but lessen an already p*ss weak opinion of the Waffa.

:thup: Zenit, Bilbao, Boro, Fulham, Braga, Shakhtar, Braga, Espanyol, CSKA off the top of my head all put in memorable (in different ways) runs to the final over the last 10 years, all either winning or going desperately close to their first European trophies.

Even Rangers' run was memorable just for the fact it was utterly rancid to watch.

David Weir looking a world beater at 38-39 due to their negative football being the highlight. :lol:

Apparently Xabi Alonso beat today the Bundesliga records for completed passes and ball touches.

Think I read it was around 40 more passes than Thiago who held the record.

When you do the math it's quite mental. More than 1 pass every 30s.

Wonder what's Xavi's record for us. Can't find it besides one game where he got to 183.

We just letting s*** like this fly now then?

Saved me from quoting it. :lol: Dirty Americans, polluting the English language.

Aye, dirty yanks!

I don't blame you, I blame them.

"I wouldn't want to condemn Rooney because he scored a brilliant goal. He's in in great form at the moment. We've seen it over the last 15 years that when Rooney is in his best form he's on the edge."

Kilbane's been spying on under 13s football

"I wouldn't want to condemn Rooney because he scored a brilliant goal. He's in in great form at the moment. We've seen it over the last 15 years that when Rooney is in his best form he's on the edge."

Kilbane's been spying on under 13s football

:lol: